Strange routing to Groups on Pre-hear H/ph

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Strange routing to Groups on Pre-hear H/ph

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Howellsound Howellsound 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Howellsound
    Howellsound
    Participant

Hi. Still a QU24 Newbie Question 3.

At our request the Installers setup 2 faders as Group faders one each for “Instruments” & “Vocals” (but I didn’t see them do it)
    I am sure it wasn’t like this originally, but now if I Pre-hear on Headphones the “Instruments” Group fader, the 2 guitars and piano mic are there at full level even when the Instruments Channel faders are not faded up yet! But once the Instruments Channel faders are up and the Group faders are up the audio quality is fine on the L/R Output.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks in advance

Howellsound

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi!

Please start a ticket at support.allen-heath.com and we look into what is going on.

Thanks!
    Alex

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

If the PAFL setting is set as “Pre Fader Level”, when you listen to the group in the headphones, you’re hearing, and the meter is showing, the signal before the group fader’s effect. This is the normal function for live mixing.

Experts, please correct me if I’m wrong.

Howellsound
    Participant

Hi garyh.
    Thanks for your comment, but this occurs before the channels feeding this group are faded up. Surely the Instrument Group fader pre-hear should be silent until an Instrument channel is opened?
    Or am I misunderstanding something here?

Howellsound

Profile photo of garyh
    garyh
    Participant

Sounds like the group itself is set “Pre-fader”.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Is it a really Group? Or is it a Mix?
    A Mix could behave like that if it’s pre fade.

Howellsound
    Participant

Thanks for your thoughts guys, obviously needs more investigation when I next have access. Cheers
    Howellsound

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.