Storing/recalling dynamics

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive feature suggestions Storing/recalling dynamics

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 10 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mrabne
    mrabne
    Participant

Hi,

It would be nice to be able to recall all the dynamics for an input channel with a single operation. I would like to be able to recall, for example, a vocalist’s PEQ, compression, de-essing, trim, etc., with one operation. At our church we virtually never have the same people in the band each week. It would make sound check a lot faster if I could quickly recall all the settings for the lead and backup singers with a single operation per person. The same is true of guitarists, bass players, drummers, etc.

It would be especially nice to be able to recall “Joel Drums” or “Donny Drums” and recall all the input channel settings on all 10 drum channels at once. I know that is asking a lot, but it would be huge. Our church has five drummers and we rotate in a new drummer every single week. And they all play the same kit very differently.

Kind regards,

Mark

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

You can store Library presets of a single processing block or a whole channel (these are accessible from the channel processing overview screen) for later recall.

Re: recalling on multiple channels at once, you could create partial scenes (by editing them) that recall say ch. 1-10 settings only. To do this, select an empty scene, touch Edit, select Input Channel Processing, touch Add and Ok when prompted. Now on top of the right hand window select Channel View, then select all channels you don’t need (e.g. 11-64) and touch Remove. Close the window. Update this scene (don’t use Store All) with Joel’s settings. Then copy and paste into a new scene location and Update with Donny’s settings. Now every time you recall one of these scenes, you will effectively be recalling all processing parameters for channel 1-10.

Hope this helps

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The forum ‘iLive feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.