Storing Shows

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Storing Shows

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Wolfgang Wolfgang 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

So, when I have a C1500 surface connected to a CDM32, and I store a show using the C1500 interface, is the show stored on the C1500 or within the CDM32?

I was using my C1500 with CDM32 last night, stored my show using the C1500 interface. I fired up my CDM32 this morning via director, and I don’t see my saved show.

If there are separate storage locations, how do I choose which place to store (MixRack or Surface)?

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

So, I hooked up my C1500 to the CDM32, and on the C1500 I see the show I stored. I can recall it.

Using director, whether I connect to just the MixRack or MixRack+Surface, I do not see that show. It seems to only exist on the C1500.

All products are on v1.83.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

That sounds kind of illogical to me.
    The surface is just the remote control, the show is actually stored in the mixrack.
    So the show should be on the mixrack.

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

If the Dlive is like the iLive, you cannot access the show files on mix rack from the director software….
    Director software only looks at the local PC for show files, whether recalling or saving.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

f the Dlive is like the iLive, you cannot access the show files on mix rack from the director software….
    Director software only looks at the local PC for show files, whether recalling or saving.

I do not understand the way director works. It makes no sense. If I’m connecting to it in “MixRack Only” mode, it should operate (as much as possible) like a surface would. If, when a surface is connected, it shows the internal files on the MixRack, then director in “MixRack only” mode should work that same way.
    At the very least, it could show internal vs external (like DiGiCo does) to at least let you know whether you’re looking at MixRack files or local files on Director.

So bizarre.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Shows are only stored in the Surface or Director. Never in the MixRack.
    Scenes for the current Show are stored partly in the MixRack (processing, routing, patch and most other settings) and partly in the Surface or Director (strip layout, Soft Rotary assignments, dimmer levels and MIDI strips). Current settings are also stored in the MixRack / Surface combo as a hidden Scene.
    In the scenario you described – Show stored on C3500, Director later connected to the CDM32 – you should be able to see and recall Scenes from the CDM32. But these would only recall MixRack data e.g. not the strip assign. To recall the entire Show file, you can store your C3500 Show file on a USB drive and recall it on Director.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

That is the most confusing system I’ve ever seen.

Parts of shows scattered among different parts? Hidden scenes? Aye Carumba. Hopefully this could get sorted out better in a future update.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

It might sound confusing, but it works, and it gives dLive a lot of flexibility, for example when a different strip layout is required on a second Surface or on a laptop running Director.
    If you copy and transfer your Show file like you would do with any other desk, then everything will be recalled and you shouldn’t worry about where the information is stored.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

One Question. Where can I read all that details where what and when some data are stored? I also had some difficulties finding information about the storage mechanisms. The reference manual lists the parameters which are stored to scenes and shows but not where they are stored.
    I recently worked with my mixrack and a surface (C2500) provided by the venue. I configured the system at home with my own C2500. At the venue I had some difficulties to get the same setup as at home. Fortunately I saved the show on a USB drive so I could restore everything.
    So, for me it is also not clear and intuitive how the system store data. AndI am a Software developer in my main job. 😉 hmm.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I see now why MixPad can’t store and recall scenes. They’d have to be stored in the iPad and there’d be too much data going back and forth.
    That’s really too bad.
    I wish that all the settings and parameters were stored in the MixRack. The surface could store it’s layout (fader banks and surface settings) if needed.
    Kinda like the way the X32rack, TF, Presonus, all the other “mixer in a box” systems work…

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

OK, I see my little thinking mistake.
    i meant it this way: in the mixrack there is always the current show, also the scenes that belong to it.
    of course different shows are saved in the surface/director – and there you move the shows to the USB stick.

a small explanation of what is stored where would be useful.
    i once tried to save different surfaces for a band scene – one for my former S3000 and the other for the director on a laptop (here with S7000 surface size).
    but then i somehow couldn’t recall it reliably. that’s why i gave up this plan.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.