Storing a Mix library

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Storing a Mix library

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Giga Giga 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

I’ve made an in-ear mix for tomorrows gig but somehow the app doesn’t allow me to store it as a “channel library”. Am I missing something ?

Thanks as always !

Giga

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Save it as a scene?

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Are you connected to the console? I believe it stores there, not on your wireless device.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Thanks guys.

I can store the separate settings for eq’s and compressor but storing that particular mix channel as a whole isn’t possible. The storingscreen stays greyed out, no buttons to push, also the textfield doesn’t react.

Dick Reese: I’m on a Qu-SB so the app is the only way to go 🤔

Giga

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

What do mean by an in ear mix for a channel?

Not sure what you are trying to save (but it will be there by default tomorrow unless someone recalls something else first)

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

As Mark said earlier, save it as a scene. It seems that libraries are channel only and mixes are not channels. Mixes are saved as scenes. You’ll likely have to work a bit to do the config as needed regarding “safing” and such.

Good luck.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Does the SB save shows to USB sticks? I know that the Qu-16 will save shows.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Bob: what I meant was that I prepared an ie mix to run from mix 5 + 6 to one of the guitarists
    Airickess: yes it does so as Bob said the mix I made came up when I started the Ipad (luckily) but it would still be nice to be able to store that mix.

Giga

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

The mix isn’t really storeable. It depends on so many other things.

You need to look at what you can “safe” on a scene. If you can safe everything other than the mix5-6 send levels then you may be able to ‘save the mix’ – but any we/preamp change she on the channels….

Given IEM usage I recommend QuYou – seriously.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

Bob: that’s what I had him download and use. After the usual initial teethingproblems it went reasonably well I think. At least he wasn’t too out of time and tune and he didn’t even try to hit me after the gig 😉

Giga

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.