Sticking Faders

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Sticking Faders

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of tourtelot tourtelot 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jeffmey
    Jeffmey
    Participant

Sq6 faders sticking have done hard reset a number of times with no success am currently looking at purchasing an avantis but am not sure I should stay with Allen and Heath have a QU 24 that the screen stoped working after about two years use upgraded to SQ and now have this problem after about two years again

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Before you completely replace the SQ you should contact your dealer or the next A&H service center or you open a care ticket to fix the fader issue. Maybe there is an inexpensive repair available for you.

Profile photo of Jeffmey
    Jeffmey
    Participant

The main problem is being in a regional area in Australia it is very difficult to find a service agent the ones I have spoken to in the city all say that I would be without the board for possibly some months especially if it needs parts as they are very hard to source

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

What do you expect from us?

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

The main problem is being in a regional area in Australia it is very difficult to find a service agent

So open a support ticket and I am quite sure that the A&H support will find a proper solution for you.

Profile photo of Jeffmey
    Jeffmey
    Participant

Nothing thanks a lot

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

What do you expect from us?

Probably a little assurance that after two Allen and Heath products had issues within two years of purchase, that the same won’t happen again if they buy an Avantis. Obviously we cannot give that – especially on anew product that isn’t even two years old yet.

I would say that it is unusual to have such a bad run of luck with Allen and Heath products, but perhaps the environment the devices are being used in is harsh.

Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Yep. Give A&H Support a shot at getting this fixed. Open a support ticket and see what they say.

And I agree with Brian that, in my experience, A&H products are pretty well regarded for reliability.

D.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.