Stereo pairs post fader send issue

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Stereo pairs post fader send issue

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of scruffyd scruffyd 6 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Gustavh
    Gustavh
    Participant

Hi

I’ve noticed that when you have made a stereo pair, the channel pairs automatically changes setting to post fader aux sends. Firmware.1.51. Is this a bug or any deliberate reason?

Cheers //Gustav

Profile photo of Gustavh
    Gustavh
    Participant

Another thing.. After pressing the “home” button, rotaries reverts it’s selected funktion from Pan to Gain. Not fun when you’re doing panning for IEM’s and hit Home between the systems.

Otherwise I love every time I can bring my dLive to a venue and mix om it!

Profile photo of aisle-6
    aisle-6
    Participant

I agree. I think the home button should have a few preference parameters associated with it.

Profile photo of scruffyd
    scruffyd
    Participant

Hi @gustavh

I think this is very natural default, at least for me. When I need true stereo inputs it’s for stuff like Video audio, CDplayer, ipod etc. I don’t want that sort of thing lingering in anybody’s monitormix after I’ve faded down the intro or dance track or the video clip is blacked by the AV operator. Probably why the default FOH template has the last 3 or four pairs of.input channels configured as stereo inputs. For all live performance stereo inputs I use the ganging feature.

scruffyd
    Participant

@gustavh, please indulge my curiousity.
    What do you go to the home screen for during operating the surface and switching active mix? Otherwise totally agree that the rotary defaulting to gain should optional @aisle-6 . But the purpose of the home screen is to take you back the front door should you lose your way or need to change user profile, so you should not need to go there during operation.

Profile photo of Gustavh
    Gustavh
    Participant

@scruffyd, Well since I have an S3000-surface, I like to keep things on few faders. Three keyboards + backtracks etc. becomes many faders, and having mixed pre/post settings on input channels after an initial surface setup is not very logical imo. I don’t want the console to decide anything I haven’t set up for it.

I am not seeking tips about what to have pre/post and why, been doing this quite a while. I am speaking workflow.

The same goes for the home button thing. On a DiGiCo or Yamaha console, your chosen settings for the rotary encoders stays where you last left them. Coming from one of those consoles, where you hit “home” for different reasons it might be confusing with the rotaries suddenly changing function. That is probably not the purpose you have when hitting that button. Therefore, it feels illogical and again, for me, it’s a hickup in the workflow. If I want another function, I want to hit the designed button for it, which is there.

There are workarounds, and there are simple and logical designs.
    I just want to raise these questions because I suspect I will not be the only one wondering. Without input from people in the field, the software programmers may leave functions in an illogical way, simply because they are not sound engineers themselves.

Some might want to leave it “as is”, I feel there is a way or an implemented option or design that can improve an already stellar console. It’s still young and history has shown alot of improvement over time on other consoles. If we can contribute to such development through this forum – which I believe we can, is the reason I raised these questions.

Cheers // Gustav

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

to answer the first question: it is the default state for the input that aux send is post fader, so it goes to default…

scruffyd
    Participant

I really did not intend to come off as giving you tips about pre/post assignments, @gustavh, sorry that my answer could be interpreted that way. I was merely responding with my 2 cents to your question about whether the feature is a bug or by design.

PS. You only need one fader of a gang present on the layer to control the other members, so equally space-saving as stereo input (but you probably know that ;-))

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.