Stereo/Mono Input

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Stereo/Mono Input

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MiG Eater MiG Eater 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MiG Eater
    MiG Eater
    Participant

Hi all, noob question.

I’ve got IP 9/10 setup as a stereo input for a keyboard that we use all the time. We’ve had a new person join the band and their keyboard only has a mono output.

We have multiple volunteers using the desk and I don’t particularly want them changing the channel stereo settings.

What’s the best thing to do? Use another channel, for example, 11. Or can I use 9 without changing the stereo setting?

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @MiG Eater

The config stereo settings are at a show level and I presume it’s these that you want to leave – so if you’re just going to mono temporarily/occasionally, you could continue to use that stereo channel, but set the ‘Stereo Image’ in the preamp section of the processing to either ‘L/L’, ‘R/R’ (depending on where you connect it) or ‘Mono’ (for a mono sum of both).
    This is stored with scene settings, so you can have a scene or multiple scenes for this setup.

Hope this helps!
    Keith.

Profile photo of MiG Eater
    MiG Eater
    Participant

Thanks Keith.

I could save that as a channel library item and have Keys Stereo and Keys Mono as they save pre-amp settings?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.