Stereo Link outputs 1-4

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Stereo Link outputs 1-4

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of izzy
    izzy
    Participant

Is ist possible to link outputs 1-2 and 3-4 for stereo in ear Monitoring?

Or do the additional outs of a AB168 offer this behaviour?

Would be great to have stereo Monitoring for more than 3 musicians

Thanks!

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

If all mixes should be the same, why not using an analogue split cable?
    The stageboxes allow free assignment of their sockets to many sound sources, you’re free to map all physical sockets to the same source or a stereo pair…

Profile photo of izzy
    izzy
    Participant

No i need 5 individual stereo monitor mixes and was hoping to be able to configure all outs as pairs. But they seem to ne locked in mono (1-4) and Stereo (5-10) modes 🙁

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

There is no way to get any more than 3 stereo mixes from that board. I find some musicians insist on stereo and some do not mind as much. Be choosy and give the 3 to those who simply cannot go without stereo and the 2 mono mixes to those who are not so fussy….

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

If you’re doing this for just one band and the mixes will stay the same over time, you could work Mixes 1/2 and 3/4 as stereo mixes and control them with DCA for a faux linkage.

It’ll take a bit longer to set up but should suffice.

Profile photo of BruceMc
    BruceMc
    Participant

If you’re doing this for just one band and the mixes will stay the same over time, you could work Mixes 1/2 and 3/4 as stereo mixes and control them with DCA for a faux linkage.

It’ll take a bit longer to set up but should suffice.

Please explain this. 🙂

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

You have purely independent mixes for left and right ears. Not nearly as easy, but it can be done…

A DCA on the master levels allows for overall volume control to be controlled.

Profile photo of izzy
    izzy
    Participant

But how can i then adjust the pan of a mono signal in the mix since there is no pan-control in the Mix 1-4 sends. The only was seems to toggle between MIX1 and MIX2 and make sepeate mixes for Left and Right ear, which is rather inconvenient (maybe impossible via the quYou app)

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

You have to adjust the levels of send to the left and right independently. This is, as you say, almost impossible via QU You – although they could use two iDevices, one for each ear…

Profile photo of izzy
    izzy
    Participant

This is, as you say, almost impossible via QU You – although they could use two iDevices, one for each ear…

Funny idea though 🙂

I think i’ll place this as a feature request then.

But back to the AB168. Do the 8 Outputs act as adittional Mix-outs (11-19) when connected? And are thes strictly mono as well? Or could i just patch the local Mix-outs 1-10 to the stagebox?

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

Any mix output can be sent to any of the outputs on a dsnake, they aren’t additional.

Profile photo of izzy
    izzy
    Participant

Ok thanks a lot for your help, guys!

[XAP]Bob
    Participant

This includes L&R as well as any groups and matrix outputs on the larger desks I think

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.