Stereo link not working

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Stereo link not working

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jens-Droessler Jens-Droessler 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of K08
    K08
    Participant

On SQ5 I’m trying to create a stereo channel from 33/34. I followed the manual and went into setup/mixer config/input stereo and selected for 33/34 to be stereo then hit apply and nothing happens. What am I missing?

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Check to see if they are linked by a single fader. I have seen this functionality in the SQ 5. It’s very convenient, especially on a surface that has only 16 input faders.

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

What are you expecting to happen? On the surface the fader for the higher channel of that stereo pair will be empty and selecting what was previously the lower channel of the two will give you the additional aterwo options. Nothing else happens.

Profile photo of K08
    K08
    Participant

I’m expecting the gains and eq to be linked. Nothing happens. When I watch the training video where he links it it takes two channels and puts them on one fader. Again nothing happens at all.

Profile photo of Yann
    Yann
    Participant

There is no visable link. It is 1 channel strip, 1 EQ, 1 Gain, but 2 inputs. Check the input selection and it should be taking from 2 inputs. It does not use ganging like the other brands. Much better for space saving!

Profile photo of Jens-Droessler
    Jens-Droessler
    Participant

Yann, actually it’s not space saving. On a desk where you can edit the fader strip layout you can easily put only ONE of the linked/ganged faders where you need it. The only advantage the stereo channel has: Imaging options. Disadvantages are: Not saveable in scenes and switching between two mono and one stereo will result in a short audio dropout while the channel layout in the FPGA/DSP is being rewritten.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.