Stereo Line Normalising (switching)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Stereo Line Normalising (switching)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SRD SRD 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AlanG
    AlanG
    Participant

The QuPac stereo line inputs are said to “normal” connections (ie parallel the L & R signals if only the L jack is inserted).

Is this also the case for stereo outputs (eg Alt Out)

AlanG

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@alang

Based on the documentation I say no.

The Qu24/32 system block diagram clearly shows R being connected to L until a plug is inserted in R.
    No outputs on the diagram show anything but separate L and R plug connections directly to just L and R respectively.

I recall seeing what you said about input and the diagram confirms it, but searching for that as text I did not find it anywhere.
    So it is possible that somewhere there is text that contradicts the diagram for stereo outs. However, I seriously doubt that the QuPac is different.

Found the QuPac diagram https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Qu-Pac-block-diagram_V1.8_1.pdf

It is essentially the same as the Qu 24/32 was.

If you want one mono out can’t you just use a Y connector ? Amazon has them at about 4/$20.

Profile photo of SRD
    SRD
    Participant

The stereo line inputs are physically normalled but the stereo outs are not.

If mono output is desired then the I/O patch screen will allow L+R to be set in software.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.