Stereo Channels and Pre/Post

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Stereo Channels and Pre/Post

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 4 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of C Gibbons
    C Gibbons
    Participant

Hi all

I’ve recently been using stereo channels as a way to control dual inputs like keyboards and reduce wasted faders on the board. I started doing this after realising there was no way to link preamp gain through ganging, meaning stereo channels seemed like the best way to get full control over stereo sources on one fader. So far, so good.

One problem I’ve found though is that when input channels are set as stereo in the mix rack settings that their pre/post setting to all auxes defaults to post. This is annoying as if I want that channel to be sending the auxes Pre fader I then need to manually change the send back on all auxiliaries.

Firsty; does anyone know of a way to stop the dlive from changing my channels pre/post settings when i create a stereo input?

Secondly; Is there a way to quickly change the send from a channel to all auxes between post and pre? I know that it’s possible to swap all the channels feeding a particular aux between pre and post using the pre button between fader banks, but is there a way to do something similar on a channel by channel basis, affecting all auxes?

Thanks everyone!

dLive S5000, DM48 stagebox

Probably the easiest way to do this is to copy/paste mix from an existing stereo channel. IE you have to set your pre/post/level one time, but then use that as a template for every other stereo channel you need to use this for.

Profile photo of Daniel-J
    Daniel-J
    Participant

Did it work out as you were advised?

Profile photo of C Gibbons
    C Gibbons
    Participant

Haven’t had a chance to test out that solution, thought it definitely is a good suggestion.

What I’ve taken to doing is (if setup time allows) configure all my inputs for the show and then go through the busses setting all sends to pre.

It is a Shame that workarounds are necessary when it would be very useful to either be able to gang gains or for the desk to not change the routing options of channels without consent or warning.

Still, I appreciate the help everyone!

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

to switch whole mixes pre/post select the mix button of a mix and then use the Pre/Post button together with the select button on that mix master strip to toggle all sources pre/post

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

It is a Shame that workarounds are necessary when it would be very useful to either be able to gang gains or for the desk to not change the routing options of channels without consent or warning.

making two channels to one stereo is a configuration change in the mix rtack structure that sets the new channel to default parameters, all parameters

This is intended for permanently configuring channels as stereo inputs, for example music players. Use the Gangingscreen for on-the-fly linking of stereo sources while mixing live.

from the Reference Guide

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.