Stereo Channel with uneven L/R

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Stereo Channel with uneven L/R

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

In soundcheck last night I encountered an issue that I can’t reproduce now where the left channel of a stereo channel was about 20db up on the right.
    Thing was it was internal to the desk because when I swapped the inputs to the local sockets the signal inbalance did not swap sides.

I was asked to add in some keys in a rush so made 15/16 a stereo pair using Mixer Config. Prior to this both channels were free monos but had been used for difference purposes and I did not reset each channel before created the pair.
    Normally though when you do this it seems that the new stereo pair takes the channel strip settings of the Left channel (it seems so anyway ?)
    Not in this case.. was very puzzling.

When I unmake and remake the pair in the comfort of post show… I can’t reproduce it.
    As I say last night I DID swap the inputs around several times right through the signal chain from Keys to DI to desk before finally realising to my surprise when back at the mixer that swapping the inputs to the locals made no difference.
    Is there something I’m missing perhaps?
    Thank you

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

Normally though when you do this it seems that the new stereo pair takes the channel strip settings of the Left channel (it seems so anyway ?)
    Not in this case.. was very puzzling.

I think it does exactly this… but the preamp is not really part of the processing… it’s before the patch

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.