stereo bus to mix and many others

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions stereo bus to mix and many others

This topic contains 28 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alrod Alrod 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

That clip is from early 2014. Installing the latest firmware voids your previous posting. dSnake inputs are patchable exactly as Bob stated.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Problem with the Internet – archive data isn’t labelled as such.

The inputs have been patchable to multiple channels – since 1.70 IIRC.

Note that it is only dSnake I out’s which are patchable in this way.

Profile photo of lrdtgarsas
    lrdtgarsas
    Participant

I can’t find the words… please understand me that I am not a person who can just take a couple of consoles and so on… I should work very hard to buy something like Qu-24, and for me it will be one and only for 5-6 or maybe more years..! This is not an exuse, but I want to say that I was nearly dead when I saw this video because on tuesday I will have it… All I want now is to ask about a list of possible changes in future. Thats all. Thanks.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant
    Profile photo of Showtime
    Showtime
    Participant

Most of de feature suggentions you can find in de gld series.

I miss the common sense, you want the feature’s of gld and ilive and only pay qu.

I have both consoles, for small job’s i take the qu, for larger i take the gld.

If al the requested features are in the qu, why would anybody buy a gld console?

lrdtgarsas
    Participant

Stop, stop, stop… and what can you say about this https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Qu-Mixer-Reference-Guide-AP9372_7b.pdf I read this one..! my problems..? why are they keeps this non-actual manual on official site..?
    About GLD: I’m happy for you that you have both (Qu and GLD) but since/after 2012 it’s a standard requirements (as from that time most of customers started to asking A&H, Soundcraft, Yamaha etc. one simple question that drives them mad and this is why from Uli we have all in one and more for just 3000..? πŸ˜‰
    About Qu: I think that this limitations in Qu series looks like a non-technical but more a marketing tricks with witch whey try to not drop down sales of GLD and that is all about…

lrdtgarsas
    Participant

it’s not fare… πŸ™‚ the link is now sends us to actual manual… where did I find an old one…? BACK TO TOPIC: With dSNAKE and latest firmware update it’s some kind of solution for this feature (patchable inputs) request..! it’s really was not that hard, right? πŸ™‚

lrdtgarsas
    Participant
    Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

…and if you indeed read that manual, you also saw this on page three:

“Firmware is updated regularly as new features are added and improvements made. The firmware version current when this guide was released is noted in the Contents section.
    The latest firmware can be downloaded from the Allen & Heath website…”

I don’t get what’s important on discussing things which weren’t implemented in the past? Is this intended to be a praise for A&H continuously listen to customers and improve their products, which is just hard to read from your lines?

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

“mp3 is standard on most portable profesional and non pro recorders. I’m not saying it’s good quality but it’s fine for low level bgm music playback.”

Why would you want an mp3 player if it wasn’t good quality? I would rather have no internal mp3 player than a low quality one. The ST3 input is a great feature for mp3 needs. Now if A&amp could license 3rd party plugins (Waves, SoundToys, Slate, FabFilter, etc.), now THAT is what would excite me!

Based on the rest of your wish list, You probably should have saved more money and went with the GLD series. You mention that Yamaha, berhinger, and other consoles have what you are looking for, why didn’t you purchase one of those? I am guessing it’s because you realize that A&H has the better mixer overall. I think for the price (if you payed retail, you are crazy), the QU series is a good buy. I think over time, the company will continue to make it better with software updates. Half baked updates like a low quality mp3 player, would be very disappointing.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

…the mp3 part in this thread is from early 2015, not sure if the OP is still listening… πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

<sigh> I hate when that happens πŸ™‚

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

yup, bumping discussions from the past seem to be a new trend… πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of Alrod
    Alrod
    Participant

Probably because there isn’t a whole lot going on here. I don’t mean that a cut to the site, but on other sites there is a lot more happening on a daily basis. I guess I need to start paying more attention to the post dates.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.