Stereo AUX pan

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Stereo AUX pan

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Otto.P Otto.P 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Otto.P
    Otto.P
    Participant

Is there a way to change the output pan of a stereo aux while using the director. While using a surface it’s easy but on the director I couldn’t find a way to do that. I’m using 1.91

Profile photo of peterwagner
    peterwagner
    Participant

You can change the panning in the routing tab with the small half round bar above the gain.

Profile photo of Dave
    Dave
    Participant

No. You can change the balance of stereo inputs and outputs, but not the panning. Drives me nuts.

Profile photo of andiabwaerts
    andiabwaerts
    Participant

Wouldn‘t we have to call that kind of inputs/outputs for them to have panning dual-mono and not stereo?

Profile photo of Otto.P
    Otto.P
    Participant

Yeah daves right balance is better term for this. But if you select pan from surface and change the balance of stereo aux I’m not able to find a similar function from the director. In the routing it only allows you to change the input pan of selected channel.

Profile photo of Wolfgang
    Wolfgang
    Participant

It’s not so difficult after all.

AUX Pan in the director:

– Place the AUX path on a fader, e.g. in the right-hand fader bank A.
    – Show fader bank A in the director
    – Point to the rotary level with the mouse and click the right mouse button.
    – Select “Pan”
    – Turn the panpot in the AUX path to the desired position.
    – ready

So there is no reason to go mad 😉

Profile photo of Otto.P
    Otto.P
    Participant

Thanks! I would say that there could be a better way to do that. For example last monday i was checking stage side fills and noticed that i had left the balance all the way to the right and since I didn’t have a mouse or pen with me i had no other options than run to the foh and back. The hold for right click function won’t work so maybe some other way to adjust stereo balance could be added?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.