Stereo assign, different gain level L/R

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Stereo assign, different gain level L/R

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Peter Peter 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Peter
    Peter
    Participant

Hi,

Is it possible to assign two faders to stereo, but using different gain settings for L and R? We use two microfoons in a piano, and set to L/R (assing stereo and use 1 fader). But we have different gain settings per microfoon. Is it also possible to manual pan the L and R different from each other?

Profile photo of PBo67
    PBo67
    Participant

I think yes, you can put the two mic on 4 input channels (one mic on 2 inputs) with the patch and than, have two differents stéréo from the same pair of mics.

Profile photo of Peter
    Peter
    Participant

Thanks for the answer,

An other possibility is to set to mono assign (2 channels) and use 1 DCA group. Then we can use one fader to control the piano with complete different gain/EQ. On the fader layer we assing for the piano the DCA channel.

Peter

Profile photo of andrasar
    andrasar
    Participant

Hi Peter,

there are only workarounds available like posted above because SQ doesn’t provide a linking/ganging function at the moment like QU, GLD, iLive, dLive does.
    I mentioned this lack of function several times in the suggestion area of this forum and hope that A&H will consider this feature in one of the next firmwares.

At the end……switch two mono channels to one stereo channel is not the same than to “link” two mono channels where you can choose the parameters that needs to be linked and which not.
    Have a look into the QU User Guide (Linking channels)……that’s exactly what “we” need 🙂

Best regards,
    Sascha

Profile photo of Peter
    Peter
    Participant

Sascha,

Tanks for the answer. I agree with you. I hope that this will implemented in the future.

Peter

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.