Start App Programming

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Start App Programming

This topic contains 15 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DanZ DanZ 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of DanZ
    DanZ
    Participant

Hello,

I am a windows developer, and want to create a program to communicate with the QU-PAC mixer by WIFI
    Do you have any infos on where to start?

I have many ideas, and to start, having a big view with more than 8 volume faders is something important for me !

Regards,

Dan

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

All required information should be found in Qu Mixer MIDI Protocol document.

Profile photo of DanZ
    DanZ
    Participant

Thank You.

I see : A TCP driver is not available for Windows computers.

Do you have any (internal) documentation that you can share with me, so I can directly talk to the mixer trough TCP ?

I also see that only one TCP application can run at a time. Is it one TCP + iPad ?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Don’t think you’ll need a driver for your purpose, just open TCP port 51325 and directly communicate with the Qu.
    You’d only need such a driver if you prefer to use the Windows MME/WDM MIDI Api.
    QuPad connections should go a different path, you already may have multiple iPads connected to the same Qu.

Profile photo of DanZ
    DanZ
    Participant

Hello,
    I have finally successfully communicated between my PC and the QU-PAC
    The communication is pretty simple reading / writing nrpn bytes directly from the TCP/IP stream

I have found few typos copy/paste errors in the qu midi documentation

I am parsing actually every messages and I don’t find in the pdf the signification of the NRPN with ID = 0x56

Do you have a most recent documentation ?

Do you know what is it?

I want to create a windows APP to control the QU-PAC

My first goal is to have all the QU tracks in ONE big screen, and not be limited to 8 tracks in the QUPAD app.

Also, showing the name of every aux in the aux selection buttons

Then will add more custom features like a button to momentary change my mic into a talkback mic in iems
    And some PAFL combinations buttons

Maybe I will share my QU-MIX windows app here if someone interested

Regards,

Dan

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Well, latest version is here: Qu Mixer MIDI Protocol – Firmware V1.9+. NRPN ID 56h isn’t documented there either. When does this occur?
    I guess there are several people very interested to have remote capability on a “regular” computer. If you’re right at a start I’d highly recommend to use some multi-platform environment like JUCE and not only focus on Windows.
    A clever approach would include an offline version to, at least, name and pair channels with possibility to send that configuration to the desk later (when in reach).

Profile photo of DanZ
    DanZ
    Participant

Thank you Andreas for the new version

It is with the Get System State Sysex message. I receive then tons of NRPN and 56h is one of them. (Maybe my parser error? I don’t think all is documented)

I am using .net and don’t know to program with c++ juce and multi platform…
    So at last we will have a nice QU program for windows

While decoding this huge nrpn stream, I now understand a lot more my QU mixer and it is full of options 🙂

I only dream about having the AB168 extension for the QU-PAC so my program will really shine 🙂

With my app, it will be so much easy to mix but
    Not sure if QU MIDI protocol can be as fast as the one used by the QUPAD app
    Maybe the QUPAD app allow to have a better resolution than 0-127 for the faders?

So still have to find the 56h…

Profile photo of DanZ
    DanZ
    Participant

Maybe is it the channel linking feature ?
    I don’t see it in the documentation
    Andreas, do you work for A&H? Maybe you can ask to the programmers? 🙂

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

No, I’m not affiliated with A&H, just owning several desks… 😉

Profile photo of DanZ
    DanZ
    Participant

Any A&H person here that can answer me?

By the way I have started to toy with this TCP possibilities.

We are 2 singers, and everyone will have a pedal
    When we press the pedal, our microphone will become a talk back microphone.
    It set ASSIGN = OFF the mic to the LR , AUX56 that are loudspeakers and to FX, but sets a special level to all the IEM auxes
    Wow we are now free 🙂

The next cool thing will be :

I will do few big buttons for each AUXES with the name of the musician
    When I select on aux, it will automatically PAFL it, so I can hear what he hear too in his IEM

As I like to PAFL the LR in my headphones, when I press LR, I will also PAFL the matrix 1-2 that will contain the ” talkback ” mic only

Then I hope to add 40 faders in one big screen, with colors etc … 🙂

Digital mixers with wifi control is amazing !!!!

Profile photo of DanZ
    DanZ
    Participant

The midi pedal that transform the singer’s microphone into a talkback mic in the IEMs worked great in our last show !

I see in the midi documentation that the QU have MATRIX 1 & 2 tracks. However, I don’t see how to send tracks to the Matrix outputs?

When I send them by code, even if I PAFL them, I don’t hear anything ???

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

You do not send channels to a Matrix, only Mixes or LR are available. Idea is to have duplicated outputs with different global EQ or Delay.

Profile photo of daubi
    daubi
    Participant

@danz could you give me some starting support for the communication with a Qu-24. I’m looking for a way to program the scenes in a fast way. From the directors script I generate the table for the microphones, which needs to be open. (per scene a row) And this table I want to transfer to the Qu-24.
    First idea has been to “decode” the storage file format (.dat files)
    But if there is a chance to do so via MIDI or DAW, it might be the better way.
    I did not found a MIDI command to store a scene.
    So the work around might be a manual button push for every scene.
    With 40 scenes it might still faster than entering every detail via the Qu-24 buttons.

Profile photo of DanZ
    DanZ
    Participant

Why don’t you use the scene save / recall of the QU ? or the iPad ?

Profile photo of daubi
    daubi
    Participant

@danz As I can generate the table from the MS Word script, it would be fine to transfer the Mic settings to the Qu.
    The Pad has a save scene function? I have not found it. But anyhow this would not transfer the table to the Qu. But would be good to know, that there is a remote way to save scenes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.