Stage Monitor Mix

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Stage Monitor Mix

This topic contains 27 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kevin Clark
    Kevin Clark
    Participant
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Still can’t see it.

Don’t take this the wrong way but there are lots of routing and patch options in an SQ and in some cases more than one
    to do the same thing, so if your digging into menues and just clicking around so to speak it may get harder to walk through this and try to figure out whats going on in the routing.

Do you have any saved scenes that were known to be working you could go back to?
    Who set up the board in the first place, are they avaialble and do they really know to set it up.
    As a last resort you could always do a full hard reset and put it back to default.

Kevin Clark
    Participant

The board is new and I set it up. I know a lot of the main “stuff” on the board. What I can’t figure out is why if I select Aux 2 why it says Mtrx2 when I press view. Shouldn’t it say Aux2 as well?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Ok I got the link.
    When you press the LR button what shows in the stage monitor fader slot?

What do you actually have mapped to the fader that is labled “stage”, you can make any fader anything
    and give any name you want to.

Kevin Clark
    Participant

I’ll have to double check what shows on the stage fader slot. I just know when I press view Mtrx2 shows but should be Aux2

I have input 6 which is the CD player going to Aux2 which then goes to “Stage” and then that goes out to one of the channels on my 4 channel amp.

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

Hi Kevin!

You have created a layer, and on the very right side you put the “Mtx2 – Master” Fader (so you can control your Stage Volume)
    nearby you’ve put your “Mtx3 – Master” Fader for Streaming.

<cite>if I select Aux 2 why it says Mtrx2 when I press view. Shouldn’t it say Aux2 as well?</cite>
    NO!

Because Mtx2 and Mtx3 are the Master Fader (the Volume of the hole Matrix mix) and there is NO FADERFLIP!
    It will be stay as Masterfader – no matter which Mix you are selecting!

For the Input channels they will do a Faderflip, so that you can adjust their level send to that selectet mix.

BUT: you cannot send an Mtx mix to another Aux mix!

So every Mtx Master Fader (Mtx 1-3, DCA, LR FX Send) will stay the same NO MATTER which Aux Mix you’ve selected!

By the way – nothing will change in the “view” display mode when you change mixes…

all the best!
    dd

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I understand the difference, but when I press Aux#2, on my channel strip it says Mtrx2. How do I get it to be Aux2.

I think you didn’t… but your problem is different anyway

Kevin Clark
    Participant

I did a total reset of my system and started over. I now show Aux instead of Mtrx and everything is running as it should so far.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I did a total reset of my system and started over. I now show Aux instead of Mtrx and everything is running as it should so far.

Thanks for the update.

It sounds like you have some time to practice with the SQ before putting it into service experimenting with the routing options ect. and when all else fails you can reset and start over.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Kevin Clark
    Participant

I do have another question. I have 2 monitors that display content during our services via HDMI. Sometimes there are messages with audio that are play. How can I get audio from HDMI and bring that audio into the SQ5 while still sending on the video?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I do have another question. I have 2 monitors that display content during our services via HDMI. Sometimes there are messages with audio that are play. How can I get audio from HDMI and bring that audio into the SQ5 while still sending on the video?

First you will need to pull the message audio from the HDMI feed either directly from an output on the HDMI video source or using and HDMI audio extractor. Take that audio to an open input on the SQ.

That will let you bring that audio into the main PA system.

On the mix that your sending to the live stream bring that channel into the live stream mix.

Just to check the video your talking about showing durning a service is not the same video that you are sending to the live
    stream?

Kevin Clark
    Participant

At times it may be the same video being shown locally and streamed.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

At times it may be the same video being shown locally and streamed.

At those times you would want to turn/mute the video’s audio input to the mixer so you would not create a feedback loop of the video’s output feeding back into itself.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.