Stage box plus copper snake together?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Stage box plus copper snake together?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Soundave
    Soundave
    Participant

Is it possible to use the 32 inputs with a copper snake along with a stage box to equal 48 channels?

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

yes, why not?

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

Just a moment,

Which SQ are you talking about, and which stage-box?

You gotta plug that 32 channel snake into 32 physical inputs on the SQ or stage-box, and then you need another 16 free inputs on the SQ or stagebox to arrive at 48 inputs. So unless I’m being stupid, I think the model of SQ and stage-box matters.

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

You’re probably thinking of the one channel one fader limitation on the Qu mixers.

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

Perhaps. Educate me please. I suspect the OP was wanting 48 channels playing at once. Let’s say the OP had a SQ5 and and either a dx168 or an ab168. If that is the case, I’m counting 38 physical inputs (including ST1,2,3). His copper snake is just a conduit. He would need an additional 10 physical input sockets, either by getting more mixer or more stagebox. Correct?

I benefit most by learning how my thinking is limited by my previous mixer’s limitations.

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

Ah I see what you’re saying now – I misunderstood what you were pointing out (thought it was that the SQ-5 couldn’t handle 48 inputs). You’re right that the setup described still needs 48 physical inputs (only exception would be inputs coming over usb).

When OP said 32 inputs with a copper snake I assumed its an SQ-7, which could be paired with the DX168 or AB168 you mentioned for the 48 inputs.

Other combinations that could work for 48 inputs would be SQ-6 + AR2412, or SQ-5 with multiple stageboxes.

Profile photo of Soundave
    Soundave
    Participant

It is an sq7 and a dx168, and yes 42 would the limit. Too bad I can’t turn the stereo 2 and 3 inputs into actual channels.

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

@soundave based on what you just said, the limit should be 48 mic inputs — the SQ-7 has 32 mic inputs on the back, and the DX168 has another 16 mic inputs. Where are you getting 42 from?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Don’t forget that the talkback mic input is fully routable too, so that makes 49!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.