Stability problems USB B

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Stability problems USB B

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of moebius moebius 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Poli84
    Poli84
    Participant

I tried to run from PC to SQ5, 16 separate audio tracks, addressed in as many IP channels.
    At the same time, I was recording the stereo sum of the mixer from SQ to PC.
    I work on Windows7 Pro computer, original Cubase 7.
    The software is set to 96 khz 24 bits, tracks in flac format, buffer 256.
    Very often the recording of the bus master stops: at the moment of the “Play” it starts recording, after a few seconds you hear a sort of “clip” and the recording stops on the track.
    According to you, what can you depend on ???
    It worries me because it does not make me very sure about the reliability of the audio driver …

Also I noticed that the waveform in recording, even on the master LEDs arrive almost in clips, comes quite low.
    I verified that on Cubase there were no settings on the zoom of the track.
    Is there any possibility that there is an attenuator coming out of USB B?

Thank you all.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

It wouldn’t surprise me if the write-speed of the Hard Drive in your computer is too slow to keep up with the recording of 16 tracks at 96kHz, 24-bit.

Profile photo of moebius
    moebius
    Participant

If I got OP right, he is streaming 16 channels TO the SQ, let´s the SQ do the summing and then records the stereo out. So he is only writing a stereo track to the disc – but while reading 16 tracks from it.

Is that a HDD or SSD? Have you tried using one disc for playback and another for writing?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.