ST2 and ST3 to Qu-drive multitrack-recording?!

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting ST2 and ST3 to Qu-drive multitrack-recording?!

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Geddy Geddy 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Geddy
    Geddy
    Participant

Hi,
    multitrack recording to QU-Drive is working fine, but ST2 and ST3 channels are missing! They are available when using USB B Streaming to a PC.

Any idea about including ST2 and ST3 to QU-drive Multitrack-Recording?

many thx

Geddy

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

From the manual:

Qu-Drive is 18-tracks with
    one patchable stereo pair for track 17-18. USB B is 24
    channel with three patchable stereo pairs including the
    same track 17-18 as Qu-Drive and the LR post-fade
    mix on track 23-24.

Which is what you said really.

So you can’t record ST2 & ST3 with the Qu-Drive.

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

But you can choose in the options which stereo channels you would like to record! Either ST1, 2 or 3! However, all of the Stereo Channels can only be recorded by using the USB-B Streaming!

Profile photo of Geddy
    Geddy
    Participant

Yeap, guys. I already read the manual. I know what works and what doesn’t.

The question is “why” it doesn’t (simply to understand) and “when” will be all channel available for multitrack recording!?

As I had good experience recording 32 channels on a consumer USB-HDD with JoeCo-BlackBox Recorders, there can’t be the limit in the USB interface.

A statement from A&H is highly recommended, thx!

Cheers

Geddy

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Geddy,

The channel count on Qu-Drive is not likely to change I’m afraid. JoeCo’s recorder uses different (more expensive) technology, you can appreciate we cannot put £2k worth of recording technology in a <£2k mixer. However we made the USB outputs fully patchable in Qu-24 and the plan is for the same to happen in Qu-16 v1.3 - to be released soon. This will allow simultaneous recording of a selection of mono / stereo inputs and mixes. Beyond 18 tracks you can use the full-duplex USB B port which gives you a 24x22 interface (32x30 on Qu-24).

Profile photo of Geddy
    Geddy
    Participant

Hi Nicola,

thanks for fast feedback!

That’s what I expected! You can’t ask for a HUD in a entry level car as well 😉

As I often work with a show needing 16mics plus 3 Stereos for Keys it’s now a ZED10 working as Key-Submixer and everything is fine!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.