ST1 doesn't work after V1.7

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting ST1 doesn't work after V1.7

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 8 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of FoolProof
    FoolProof
    Participant

I get no signal whatsoever on ST1 (keyboard), it seems this happened after upgrading to V1.7. I’ll try to downgrade to V1.6 and see what happens. Anyone else experienced this?

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Check your input routing screen and source select. Something probably changed after the update.

FoolProof
    Participant

Nope. That was my first thought as well.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

On the mixer itself or the stagebox?

No DCA got assigned to it?

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

No output signal or no level on the preamp?

Not trying an active DI are you? Battery flat? Volume off on the keyboard (got the t shirt)

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

I get no signal whatsoever on ST1 (keyboard), it seems this happened after upgrading to V1.7. I’ll try to downgrade to V1.6 and see what happens. Anyone else experienced this?

I get no usable information other than you’ve upgraded to 1.7.

Is there no signal showing on the meters when you PFL the St1 input? Where in the chain does the signal disappear? Are you sure you didn’t connect to the St2 inputs instead of St1?

If you’re showing input on the meter but no further, check the “assign”.

If channel is assigned to go further and you’ve double checked that it’s not assigned to a DCA or other control group, try loading a new scene and see if it works there.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

I read this and went and checked mine. It is working fine. I hope you get to the bottom of it quickly!!

FoolProof
    Participant

Well, I checked all your suggestions. No DCA assigning, mute groups, routing… The piano is fine, we played it on ST2. ST1 is absolutely dead on all scenes. No VU activity, not even a little crossover with max volume. Of course it might be a hardware malfunction (preamp broke), but first I want to find out if it has anything to do with V1.7.
    That brings me to the next thing: how do I downgrade?

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

Hi FoolProof,

Could you be experiencing this known issue? As there is no local preamp on stereo channels, I’d suggest checking FROM POWERUP whether dSNAKE phantom power is enabled on ST1. If it is, disable it, switch back to local, and power cycle the desk. You will also need to ensure no scenes contain dSNAKE phantom power etc.

If it is this issue at fault, V1.6 firmware should not experience this. If you don’t see any phantom power enabled on ST1, then it is unlikely to be this issue.

DC

FoolProof
    Participant

Thank you, David!
    This workaround indeed resolved the problem. At least I know now that this isn’t a hardware problem. Of course this means that I have to do this for every scene…?

Profile photo of DavidCo
    DavidCo
    Participant

Yes. For each scene, you will need to recall, remove any dSNAKE phantom power, and store. Once completed, ensure no dSNAKE phantom power is enabled in your current settings, and power cycle the desk. As mentioned in the other thread, a maintenance fix that addresses this problem is in progress.

DC

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Please note that V1.71 firmware released today addresses the issue discussed above.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.