SQDrive recording – Stop resets remaining time?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQDrive recording – Stop resets remaining time?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ianhind ianhind 4 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of AndreyMaslov
    AndreyMaslov
    Participant

I finally decided to invest in SSD for recording (T5 500 GB as it seems popular) and was just recording the for 4 hours (just checking for errors). 1 hour before end decided to stop and start. To my big surprise remaning time went back from 1h to 4h, so mixer doesn’t re-estimates it on a new record start? I haven’t paid attention before when using a bunch of 64K flush drives, but now I do. SQ6, latest firmware, of course, waiting for 1.5

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

With a drive that size your maximum recording time is limited by the maximum file size (4G IIRC) not total disk space.

Profile photo of AndreyMaslov
    AndreyMaslov
    Participant

Agree, I kept recording and got 3 + 1 + 4 hours on 3 stop/starts. I wonder if this will be changed with so radical USB changes in 1.5?

Profile photo of ianhind
    ianhind
    Participant

This has nothing to do with your drive (Samsung T5) or your SQ-6.

This is a limitation of the format of the drive (FAT32) and it’s inability to hold files larger than 4GB.

For instance, if you tried copying a 6GB file to your T5, any and all operating systems will give you an error code as it’s impossible for that file format.

With that said the time limit you’re seeing is a direct result of that issue, and there is no work-around.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.