SQ7 Soft Key Scene Next

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ7 Soft Key Scene Next

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of muddy muddy 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Big Daddy
    Big Daddy
    Participant

We have a SQ7 that sits back stage and I mix from an iPad which to my surprise works very well. We have a Christmas Production coming and for this I always programed a scene for each scene in the production. With the SQ7 you cant recall or go to scene next from the iPad but there is a soft key for Scene Next. However, even from the console it does not appear to work. It advances the scene scroll bar but does not actually advance the scene.

1. Does this work and what am I doing wrong.
    2. If it does work can I execute that from a softkey on the ipad (I know how to added the softkey to the setup on the ipad)
    Mark Scott
    marktylerscott@gmail.com

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @mscott003,

The ‘Scene Next’ and ‘Scene Previous’ SoftKey options are for navigating through scenes, but what I think you’re after here is ‘Scene Recall Go’ instead.
    This also has a secondary option which can be set to ‘Auto Increment’ allowing you to just keep pressing the SoftKey and advancing through scenes.

Personally, I find ‘Scene Recall Go’ useful on SoftKey#8 with ‘Scene Previous’ assigned to SoftKey#7, this combination allows you to advance through scenes or navigate back through them if needed.

(Then yes, you can use these on MixPad too. At the moment there is no indication on MixPad of current/next scene, but this feature is on the list for the future.)

Hope this helps!
    Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Big Daddy
    Big Daddy
    Participant

I was not able to get this to work. I added the Softkey “Scene recall Go” with the option of “Auto Increment” Just to test it I made a few scenes with channels off and on and fader changes. The softkey at the console changes the number but the fades are not moving.

Profile photo of muddy
    muddy
    Participant

FYI, I had this same question. You need to go into “global filter” in the scenes manager and unblock the softkeys or soft rotaries to enable this function to actually work. seems to work like a charm once I have done this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.