SQ7 mix output point

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ7 mix output point

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Zaba
    Zaba
    Participant

Hello, dear community,

I am a newbie for the AllenHeath SQ7. I am making my show with this console, and now I am a little bit frustrated.
    I made SUB mix, as AUX mix,
    I have one source that needs to be delayed (video processing),
    I am sending this source to the main mix and to the SUB aux mix,
    And I have signal in sub not delayed.
    Are there any options of choosing a send point for sending signals to mix? I mean, as for direct out, we can choose the point, are there options to choose for the AUX mix?

Thank you for your attention,

Best Regards,
    Ivan

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

If you set that aux mix to post fader it should take the input delay into account as well and now you can bring down the channel fader and the sub signal will lower too…

Profile photo of Zaba
    Zaba
    Participant

Thank you, but where can I set the menu of choosing the point of send to mix? I found the menu for direct out point, but I can’t find options for aux send point.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

It’s no menu…there is a button on the surface that’s labelled PRE FADE
    have a look in the quick start guide on how to use it

Profile photo of Zaba
    Zaba
    Participant

It could be done through the menu and through this button. Post- or Pre- did not affect the send point, unfortunately. It affects the level of sending. It is working for the direct out settings, we have post preamp, Post HPF, Post Gate, etc. and the last option in this menu is Post Delay.
    Now I made it through groups. But I am still curious.
    And thank you for your replies.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Hmm, go to routing, select the aux bus, press on the aux snd button and define the tap point for this mix bus, when it is used in pre fader mode. You cannot choose individual tap points for each channel of the selected mix bus. You can readthe details about that in chapter 8.2 of the current reference manual.

Profile photo of Zaba
    Zaba
    Participant

What I meant, when I put a delay on the input channel, the signal of that channel sent to the aux bus was not delayed.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

So, you made something wrong. You can use a pre fade aux mix with the post delay tap point. You just have to configure the aux mix as I wrote in the previous posting.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Let’s see if this works…..

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.