SQ7 error checking flash CRC during firmware update

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ7 error checking flash CRC during firmware update

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of eb164c
    eb164c
    Participant

Hi,

I have a brand new SQ7 which came with 1.5.0. When I try to upgrade to 1.5.2 or 1.5.3, at the end of the flash update process, the mixer gives “error checking flash CRC” and asks to be restarted. After the restart, it’s still at 1.5.0. And yes, I formatted the USB key first using the mixer.

Any tips?

Best,
    M

Profile photo of eb164c
    eb164c
    Participant

Ok, with my failed attempts, the bin file was saved to the USB from macOS (Catalina). I just tried loading the bin file to the key from a Windows 10 PC and the mixer was happy with the update.

It looks like AH might have an endian problem in their USB format. If true, this stuff was solved on PC’s decades ago.

Cheers,
    M

Profile photo of Doughboy
    Doughboy
    Participant

So I’m having the issue that I know I need to “unzip” the file before loading it to the usb, but I have tried on 3 different computers and they all say the file cannot be unzipped because it is unsupported. Any idea how to unzip the .bin file so that I can update my sq7?

Profile photo of SQuser
    SQuser
    Participant

You download an SQ-7******.zip file and unpack it.
    You will get the SQ-7******.bin file for updating and the instructions.
    If you have an SQ-7******.bin file, it is already the correct one.
    A …bin file cannot be unpacked.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

If using a Mac, you may also run into the issue described here – https://support.allen-heath.com/hc/en-gb/articles/20728166240657-Allen-Heath-website-download-unpacking-in-MacOS

Thanks,
    Keith.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.