SQ7/DX168 Pad Issue?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ7/DX168 Pad Issue?

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft Dave Meadowcroft 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

This is a strange one!

I had a different bassist for a band last night. I plugged his DI out into the same socket I normally use for bass with this band and couldn’t get a decent level.

Normally it has a pad on as the output from the regular guy’s DI (Mark bass amp) is really hot. The new guy was going through a Radial JDI so I turned off the pad and put in about 30dB of gain in, which is normally about right for that DI. The PFL signal was really low so I increased the gain. At 45dB I was getting a better signal on the meters but still low. As I increased the gain I got no more level but it did start to distort.

I figured there might be a problem with the channel/socket so I changed both (but still on the DX) and it was perfect at +30dB. I then double patched that socket back to the original channel and it was fine, so I switched the original channel back to the original socket, plugged the bass back in there and it was perfect.

I wonder if there is a bug with the pad where it didn’t actually disengage and trying to apply the additional gain then caused distortion without level increase – fixed by patching the channel to different socket and then back again?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.