SQ6 with ME-1

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ6 with ME-1

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ddff_lv ddff_lv 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Keith
    Keith
    Participant

Sorry in advance if this has been covered in another thread somewhere. I haven’t been able to find it.

I currently have an SQ6 (FOH) with an additional S-Link Card. The first is connected to 2 dx168 (running at 96k). The second port is connected to an SQ5 (Broadcast). I am trying to work the ME-1 into the system by connecting to the the 2nd dx168 box. The ME-1 sees all available inputs but won’t output any sound.

Does anyone have this setup working? Do I need to run the system at 48k?

Thanks!

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

Slink is where the 48K or 96K is detected. Everything connected to a particular SLink must be 48k or 96k. dx168 is 96k only, AFAIK. ME-1 is 48k only. ME-1 into a Dx168 doesn’t work.

I don’t know at the moment what would happen if you put a 2nd Slink card on your SQ5. You might be able to run your ME-1s from there.

Profile photo of ddff_lv
    ddff_lv
    Participant

SQ has only one expansion slot, so to get your ME-1 working you’ll need an sLink card into your broadcast desk and connect it there. Or change your DX to AR/AB boxes. SLink runs either at 48 or 96, but not both at once.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.