SQ6 USB-B Recording to DAW issues

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ6 USB-B Recording to DAW issues

This topic contains 19 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dan
    Dan
    Participant

Yea this USB nonsense has really pissed me off. I feel like I had all of this money spent for no reason. It doesn’t even do what I bought it for that well which is…recording.

Also I’m noticing that A&H employees are on like every other page of this forum answering questions but give no advice or help here.

I’d LOVE to see the team MAKE MY BOARD ACTUALLY WORK before they go releasing more shit. Like How am I supposed to work with the new DAW software if I CANT RECORD STUFF TO MY DAW PROPERLY!?!?

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@Dan

It is meant for live use primarily. Recording is a bonus.

We record just fine on CD. We send it to AM/FM and streaming without problems.

If you want multi channels then you may have a problem.
    If the music stutters from your mac to the SQ then I blame the PC for that.
    And if you record to the pc and have skips then I blame the PC for that too.

AH has usb problems but your problem does not sound like the one they have, rather it sounds exactly like a pc problem.
    Every pc has limits on how much and how fast it can record.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@Dan,

There are thousands of users who are using their SQ for recording every day without issue, but as in the thread that was linked to earlier in the thread there are some setups which do have issues.
    Problems with the USB-B interface are usually related to the setup of the computer, and with so many different variables in each setup, there is no simple answer.

So have you contacted us using https://support.allen-heath.com about this?

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of jb07
    jb07
    Participant

I chose the SQ console because I absolutely wanted to do without a pc (intenpestive and unwanted update, crash for no reason, etc …). Too many possibilities = too much problem!

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@KeithH A&H

How about an article showing all the ways to record with SQ Qu et al that are guaranteed to work.

Is there a word for people who never blame their pc/mac for the problems caused,
    and always blame what is attached to it instead?

Does AH have a large multichannel device aimed at just recording without all the other features that live sound wants?
    Whether multichannel local attached external media or to a pc in RT.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.