SQ6 USB-B and DAW

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ6 USB-B and DAW

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MikeF MikeF 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MikeF
    MikeF
    Participant

Greetings.
    I’m 4 weeks into an SQ6 at our church and I’m learning everyday.

We would like to do Multi-Track recording via the USB-B port to a windows computer and I’m trying to figure out how to make it work.

I have loaded the ASIO drivers into the PC and I’m able to get Audio to play through the SQ6 and I’m able to get a Stereo recording into the PC. So I’m assuming I have the driver installed correctly.

Also – I have a version of Studio One 2 Artist which came with our previous Presonus board. I can get Studio One to play back in stereo but now individual tracks from previous recorded content.

Now my questions.

#1 – Can I configure this setup to perform Virtual Sound Checks for up to 32 channels?

#2 – Is DAW control available for the SQ6 and do I need it to use the USB-B connection for multi-track recording and playback?

Let’s start there. If both of these questions are no – I’ll stop spinning my wheels. If Yes – I’ll dig in further.

Thanks in advance
    Mike
    Encounter Church of Palmyra

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

#1 – Yes

#2a – Not yet

#2b – No

I have tested the multitrack recording & playback to 32 channels with multiple DAW softwares including Sudio One, all work.

Profile photo of SDCyclist
    SDCyclist
    Participant

Don’t have time at the moment to do a complete step by step but the big picture answer for multi-track recording is that you just have to a) configure all the inputs and outputs for a 32 channel session in Studio One to map correctly to the channels coming to and from the the SQ. And b) Correctly set the inputs and outputs on the SQ to map to Studio one. Note that the “inputs” in Studio one will be “outputs” from the SQ and vice versa. Hope that at least gets you pointed in the right direction…

Profile photo of MikeF
    MikeF
    Participant

Thanks all – As time allows I now have a direction to try new things with the SQ6 and Studio One.

Mike
    Encounter Church of Palmyra

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.