SQ6 touch screen not working on boot up

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ6 touch screen not working on boot up

This topic contains 17 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jander jander 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

Recently got an SQ6, turned on a few weeks ago and touch screen didn’t work so couldn’t shut it down so had to pull the power off the desk. Done it again to me yesterday, anyone else had this happen to them?

Profile photo of Lee
    Lee
    Participant

Yes – this has now happened to me twice in the last month. I had to do a hard reboot to get it working again since there is no other way to restart the board. I hope this isn’t an indicator of things to come… 🙁

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi both,

Please contact us about these issues using support.allen-heath.com so we can try to figure out what’s happened.
    If it’s a software problem there might be a bug we need to fix or a reason for it in your setup which we’d also like to know about.
    On the other hand, if it’s a hardware issue, we’ll be able to put you in touch with the right people to have it fixed and will want to investigate the reason for failure.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Toffe
    Toffe
    Participant

Same thing happend on my Sq5 today. No responce at all from touch screen. After hard reset it worked again. Knobs on desk worked fine. Im on the latest fw

Profile photo of Ben
    Ben
    Participant

We had the same problem on our SW6 last week. The touch screen was completely unresponsive but the rest of the board worked. Had to hard-reset the board and it worked on reboot.

Profile photo of Chris
    Chris
    Participant

I sent the SQ6 back again for the 3rd time (not been the most reliable). Now when i start the desk up and load different scenes the PK lights all flash on different channels! Ill attach a video, does anyone else’s Sq6 do this?

Profile photo of Tobi
    Tobi
    Participant

I give this a +1… Also have seen that problem.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@chris

Audio signal on channels could very easily be due to scene settings rather than an issue.
    For example, if you were re-engaging preamps (i.e. from 0dB to some value) or switching phantom power between scenes.
    If you send through your show using support.allen-heath.com we’d be happy to take a look.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of JLange
    JLange
    Participant

I have also experienced the unresponsive touchscreen at boot up several times. For me the screen still changes based on the buttons that are pressed, but is completely unresponsive to touch. I have not been able to find any pattern in what causes this. A hard reset has returned the console to normal operation.

Profile photo of Maxdrums
    Maxdrums
    Participant

Same problem today first time sq 5

Profile photo of Maxdrums
    Maxdrums
    Participant

The only change i’ve maid is to put a user scene on startup

Profile photo of Graz
    Graz
    Participant

Hi all, I had same problem on my SQ7 yesteday evening during a show. The touch screen didn’t respond anymore while the console was fully working.
    No way to recover unless to reboot the console.
    Very strange since I never seen this before ..but it seems I’m not alone here..
    Cnfig very simple and basic : SQ7 with 2x DX168 . The problem appeared since the first power on .
    FW version : 1.5.6
    Seems to me something related to FW instead of HW problem… any suggestion ?
    Thanks a lot !

Profile photo of Ben
    Ben
    Participant

FYI to all – the most recent communication I got from support says the screen needs replacing? Is anyone else doing same?

Ben

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

My SQ6 screen went unresponsive Saturday. Fine after reboot.

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

My lockup may have been caused by Mixing Station. David has discovered that if you send data to an SQ too quickly, all kinds of bad things can happen. There’s some kind of buffer overflow. Mine dropped off the network, and then when I rebooted it, the touchscreen didn’t work. Rebooted again with a longer pause and it was fine. He’s going to put data rate limiting into Mixing Station.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.