SQ6, SQ WAVES, AR2412, SRC 96-48 Khz

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ6, SQ WAVES, AR2412, SRC 96-48 Khz

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of krizio2000 krizio2000 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of krizio2000
    krizio2000
    Participant

Hi everyone
    I have a question for AH technicians
    I have SQ6 + ar2412 + ar84 + SQ waves and PC

The SQ6 works at 96Khz, the satge boxes work at 48 Khz and the waves card works at both 48 and 96 Khz, I also have 10 tracks from the PC in USB B at 96 Khz. yes, I use all the SQ6 channels and I use SoundGrid for recording and virtual sound-chek and effects.
    if I configure the SQ6 slave of the waves card, and the SQ Waves at 48 Khz, what happens?
    does SQ6 apply the SRC to the input from the stage boxes (48–96 Khz) and then apply it again from 96 to 48 Khz for the SQ waves? this would be a big job for the SQ6 CPU,
    or the SQ6 in this case will work at 48 Khz?
    another question, is it right to set the SQWaves as master and SQ6 as a slave? if I connect to a network sound grid at 48 Khz, I am forced to set the Sq as a slave. it’s correct?
    Thanks to those who want to clarify these doubts
    Fabrizio

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Fabrizio,

The internal processing on the SQ is always at 96kHz, so the audio in and out of both the AR boxes and the Waves card (when set to 48kHz) is Sample Rate Converted, however, this is done on the card or port.

When using the AR boxes with the SQ, you should always clock to Internal.

When using the above setup, you can indeed set the Waves card as the master and SQ as a slave. Waves will usually give an error if a configuration isn’t supported.

Thanks!

Alex

krizio2000
    Participant

Thank you Alex

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

If I run back line instruments through AR2412 and Use an Analogue multi into the SQ for say Vocals.. its all converted to 96K. Is that time aligned? in Phase?

krizio2000
    Participant

yes

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.