Sq6 Setup

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Sq6 Setup

This topic contains 25 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BWhite
    BWhite
    Participant

Sorry haven’t been on in a while.
    After reading some of the replies, I ran 3 Cat6 Shielded cables, 1 to use 2 for future use or when needed.
    Finally got our SQ6 in and been installing it this week. Still trying to figure things out. Do have sound coming from Mains via Slink to Dx169 output 1 and 2. Still just using stage monitors at this time, we did get sound finally thru these via the Slink and routing.

Going to take some time getting things figured out but we will get it.

Question: The SQ6 has 14 outputs on the back. I see that 11 & 12 where for the Main l/r, what is 134 & 14 for. I can not find Aux 13 or Aux 14 in the layer setting page. What am I missing. Would like to use these for a stream mix and FM Transmitter

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Any of the desk’s output sockets (1 – 14 on SQ6*) can be set from the IO Patch screen to be anything you want in the same way as you’ve assigned L&R output to 1 and 2 of your DX168 box.

Your choices of mixed outputs are AUX/GROUP 1 to 12 (which could all be stereo), L&R, and the 3 Matrix (which also may be in stereo).

So you need to patch your stream mix, however you’ve set it up, to local outputs 13 & 14.

*Theres A,B and the AES too, which may or may not be useful for your requirements

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

*Theres A,B and the AES too, which may or may not be useful for your requirements

I like the A & B outs and on the Qu the Alt Outs, being 1/4 inch they can be handy making the jump into prosumer or consumer equipment.

I use AES to drive the system processors.

Profile photo of BWhite
    BWhite
    Participant

Sq6 is up and running. We have sound where we would like but needs alot of tweaking. I haven’t been there during service cause of work. Again have some questions.
    1. I patched our Main L/R to the outputs 1 & 2 on the DX168, work fine. On layer B the first two strips are labeled Aux 1 Aux2, that if for local outputs and not the DX outputs, right?

2. If first is correct then that allow me to still use Aux 1 & 2 for local outputs for IEM’s, Right?

3. On assigning aux to Pre or Post, Go to Aux then Routing, Channel source is just where signal is being tapped from along signal chain. Assign section is if easy way to assign all channel to or from Aux? Pre-Fade section is where you assign the Aux as a Prefade or Post Fader Aux?

I have two outputs right now 1 stream and 1 FM, I believe i have them set as Post Fader.

4. Aux 13 & 14, These can’t be assigned to a layer like the other auxes can, so how do you control these? What do you assign tp these, Matrix, L/R, Group? Or is there a way you can use them as a regular aux/send?

Just to be clear have SQ6 in sound booth, DX 168 behind stage as well as an analogue snake with 12 channels coming back to booth. Right now using 4 stage monitors these being plugged in on stage floor boxes which go to the DX box. Have ran cables from board outputs 1-6 to IEMs in our rack for use in the near future (Worship Minister & I thought it would be better to get sound going and close to what we want then switch over and do some training in the mean time.) Have 1 aux for FM and another Aux for stream via Dante Avio 2 Ch doggle.

Thanks for all the great advice from before. I will be back with more questions I’m sure.

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

1) If these two strips are the master strips for Aux1 and Aux 2 they are per se not connected to any output. they are just master channels. You can use the IO setup page to assign outputs for these aux mixes. It depends on the configuration of your aux mixbusses. for mono you have to assign one output, for stereo busses you have to assign two outputs minimum. but you can assign as much outputs as you like, depending on the amount of available outputs. so you can assign, for instance, Aux 1 to both, some local output sockets and some output sockets on your stagebox.
    2)yes

3) when you select an aux master and go to the routing page, you can see on the top of the selected aux master a button with a gearwheel symbol. pressing that button shows you the options for that aux. Assign “All on” means all input channels will be assigned. And now Guess what “All off” means. the same for the pre fader setting. and you can choose the tap point for that aux mixbus. Set them to prefader if you want to adjust the channel levels for that aux mix individual from the levels of the main mix. If you want to make them more or less linked, you should use post fader. post fader is normally used to feed some FX busses to keep the mix of direct and FX signal for the indiviual channel constant.

4) there is no Aux 13 & 14 available on the SQ series, since it only have 12 Aux mix busses. and there are no Aux output sockets. All Sockets, inputs or outputs and local, stageboxes, IO card and so on, can be assigned to all possible inputs or outputs. Again you have to examine the IO Page to define the output patch for your busses (Aux busses, Main bus, Matrix busses). In my configuration out 13&14 are conencted to my local studio monitors and assigned to the listen bus. But this is just an example. It is also possible to assign the Main bus or some Aux mix bus to that output sockets. So, if you do not need local outputs for the main mix you can also use the 14 XLR output sockets and the A&B Jack output sockets for feeding eight stereo IEM systems.

So if you say board outputs 1-6 are connected to IEM do you mean 3 or 6 IEM mixes?

Profile photo of BWhite
    BWhite
    Participant

Right now the IEMs are setup has mono. We have six shure PSm300. Once everyone gets comfortable with them we may switch them to stereo, depending on what Worship leader wants to do. They are plugged into Outputs 1-6.

Profile photo of BWhite
    BWhite
    Participant

Can you assign a library I/O “scene” to a sofykey. For like switching back and forth for a live sound and virtual sound check. One patch scenario is saved as a live service and another patch scenario with USB for virtual sound check. That one button will change it to “live” and another to “Sound Check”. Just trying to save some steps.

Profile photo of Mayeem
    Mayeem
    Participant

Hey Guys

I need help.
    My SQ6 won’t show in lights but it shows the power light is on and you can feel the engine moving.

Everything was working well yesterday during the service.
    Only to switch it on today and have this problem mentioned above

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I need help.
    My SQ6 won’t show in lights but it shows the power light is on and you can feel the engine moving.

Everything was working well yesterday during the service.
    Only to switch it on today and have this problem mentioned above

Does the screen show anything at all, even a quick flash of anything?

Profile photo of Mayeem
    Mayeem
    Participant

It shows nothing at all.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

It shows nothing at all.

That is sounding like it will need repaired.

I’m not sure there is a way to do this on an SQ and it most likely it would not
    help but it could be worth checking into…..
    Do a forced firmware install.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.