SQ6 Muddy Output (From all output on the back. Headset port is OK)

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ6 Muddy Output (From all output on the back. Headset port is OK)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rafael A&H Rafael A&H 3 days, 11 hours ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of glennalonzo
    glennalonzo
    Participant

Hi Allen & Heath,

Good day, I hope someone can help me.
    I am getting a muddy output from any of the output source on the back of my SQ6.
    It sounds like the high frequency are all the way down. (I already reset my SQ6 and updated the firmware to V 1.5.6 My SQ USB Control Panel Driver is Version 4.86.0 My OS is Windows 10 64bit)
    It sounds like the tweeter of my monitor speakers are broken. But its not. My pair of KRK Rokit 5 are fine when I connect it to the headset output jack of the SQ6.

I’m about to open my SQ6 already to check the circuit but I hope someone can help before I do that.
    Much appreciate it.

Many thanks
    ♥glennalonzo

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

For the sake of testing have you tried another speaker connected to the outputs.

Does the speaker or amp your connecting have an XLR input or are you using adapters to convert from the XLR outs on the mixer to another type of input connector.

Are you using the KRK monitors for all the testing and using the XLR input?

Route the PFL to an output and listen to that output when PFLing a channel with an
    audio source on it.

Have the tried using the internal pink noise or white noise generator directly routed
    to an output.

Make a video recording of the sound and post up a link to it.

I don’t think you’ll find anything by opening up the mixer.

glennalonzo
    Participant

Hi Mike. Here’s the video. I tried to connect my KrK to outputs 1-14 on the back of the SQ6. All of then sounds no treble. I also do the same using my Alesis Monitor One. Its still the same. U use an xlr cable. No adapters.

It works normally from the headset port though.

glennalonzo
    Participant
    Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H
    Participant

Hello @glennalonzo,

If you are having an issue with your unit, please submit a ticket at our support centre and I’ll be happy to trouble shoot this with you.
    We do not advise users to open the mixers, if your unit has a hardware issue that requires repair, it will need to be sent to one of our approved service centres.

Support

Thank you,
    Rafael

glennalonzo
    Participant

Hi Rafael. Thanks for the link of the SQ Support. I created a ticket#: 856273

Many thanks
    ♥glenn

Profile photo of JeroenAudio
    JeroenAudio
    Participant

Hi,

I noticed in the video you send PAFL signal to all of your outputs. What happens if you send the main outputs or an aux to the outputs? I think there is something wrong in the PAFL signal path (eq or something else).

Hope this helps.

Jeroen

glennalonzo
    Participant

Hello JeroenAudio,

Thanks for the idea. I will try to send an AUX to the outputs.

♥glenn

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I had mentioned using PFL as a routing test source because when you PFL a channel
    you are automatically bypassing any mix or buss processing to could be a issue.

Connect you music source to an input channel and than PFL that channel and listen to it.

glennalonzo
    Participant

Hi SQ Support,

Is there a hotfix for the “Constant-Q” (Built-in Graphic Equalizer) of my SQ6?, which I can download?
    Or can I get “SQ-6 DiGi-GEQ Graphic EQ” as a trial? To see if it solves the problem?

Thanks
    ♥glennalonzo
    (+63)9151420482

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H
    Participant

Hi @glennalonzo

On following up with your previous enquiry with our support team, I cannot seem to find if there was any resolution with your unit.
    It was advised by my colleagues that the unit might require service, I would recommend reaching for that first to ensure it is not a hardware issue.
    (I will follow up with your on the ticket)

In regards with the Add-ons, I’m afraid we do not have trial versions of the Add-ons at this time. Sorry about that!
    Thank you,
    Rafael

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.