SQ6 Muddy Output (From all output on the back. Headset port is OK)

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ6 Muddy Output (From all output on the back. Headset port is OK)

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Rafael A&H Rafael A&H 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of glennalonzo
    glennalonzo
    Participant

Hi Allen & Heath,

Good day, I hope someone can help me.
    I am getting a muddy output from any of the output source on the back of my SQ6.
    It sounds like the high frequency are all the way down. (I already reset my SQ6 and updated the firmware to V 1.5.6 My SQ USB Control Panel Driver is Version 4.86.0 My OS is Windows 10 64bit)
    It sounds like the tweeter of my monitor speakers are broken. But its not. My pair of KRK Rokit 5 are fine when I connect it to the headset output jack of the SQ6.

I’m about to open my SQ6 already to check the circuit but I hope someone can help before I do that.
    Much appreciate it.

Many thanks
    ♥glennalonzo

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

For the sake of testing have you tried another speaker connected to the outputs.

Does the speaker or amp your connecting have an XLR input or are you using adapters to convert from the XLR outs on the mixer to another type of input connector.

Are you using the KRK monitors for all the testing and using the XLR input?

Route the PFL to an output and listen to that output when PFLing a channel with an
    audio source on it.

Have the tried using the internal pink noise or white noise generator directly routed
    to an output.

Make a video recording of the sound and post up a link to it.

I don’t think you’ll find anything by opening up the mixer.

glennalonzo
    Participant

Hi Mike. Here’s the video. I tried to connect my KrK to outputs 1-14 on the back of the SQ6. All of then sounds no treble. I also do the same using my Alesis Monitor One. Its still the same. U use an xlr cable. No adapters.

It works normally from the headset port though.

glennalonzo
    Participant
    Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello @glennalonzo,

If you are having an issue with your unit, please submit a ticket at our support centre and I’ll be happy to trouble shoot this with you.
    We do not advise users to open the mixers, if your unit has a hardware issue that requires repair, it will need to be sent to one of our approved service centres.

Support

Thank you,
    Rafael

glennalonzo
    Participant

Hi Rafael. Thanks for the link of the SQ Support. I created a ticket#: 856273

Many thanks
    ♥glenn

Profile photo of JeroenAudio
    JeroenAudio
    Participant

Hi,

I noticed in the video you send PAFL signal to all of your outputs. What happens if you send the main outputs or an aux to the outputs? I think there is something wrong in the PAFL signal path (eq or something else).

Hope this helps.

Jeroen

glennalonzo
    Participant

Hello JeroenAudio,

Thanks for the idea. I will try to send an AUX to the outputs.

♥glenn

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I had mentioned using PFL as a routing test source because when you PFL a channel
    you are automatically bypassing any mix or buss processing to could be a issue.

Connect you music source to an input channel and than PFL that channel and listen to it.

glennalonzo
    Participant

Hi SQ Support,

Is there a hotfix for the “Constant-Q” (Built-in Graphic Equalizer) of my SQ6?, which I can download?
    Or can I get “SQ-6 DiGi-GEQ Graphic EQ” as a trial? To see if it solves the problem?

Thanks
    ♥glennalonzo
    (+63)9151420482

Rafael A&H

Hi @glennalonzo

On following up with your previous enquiry with our support team, I cannot seem to find if there was any resolution with your unit.
    It was advised by my colleagues that the unit might require service, I would recommend reaching for that first to ensure it is not a hardware issue.
    (I will follow up with your on the ticket)

In regards with the Add-ons, I’m afraid we do not have trial versions of the Add-ons at this time. Sorry about that!
    Thank you,
    Rafael

glennalonzo
    Participant

Hi Allen & Heath,

I came across this gentlemen from youtube that had the same problem with his SQ6 like mine. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgmeuHg6ws0&t=0s )
    I’ve been following his channel and found out that his SQ6 is finally fixed!
    I understand that the resolution advised to me was to have it serviced to my local distributor in:

JB Music
    ‹Unit 1909, 19th Floor, Prestige Tower Condominium,
    Emerald Avenue, Ortigas Center, Pasig City.
    Tel: (632) 638-4732
    http://www.jbmusic.com.ph

. . . Now, as you can see in this video at [06:23] ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgmeuHg6ws0&t=0s ) he said,
    “Allen and Heath wanted to take care of this situation themselves.” So, he got his SQ6 sent in-house and shipped it to corporate office (Pacific West Sound), no charge. Allen & heath also returned his serviced SQ6, no charge. He also got a warranty extension. I don’t know if mine is still under warranty but I am hoping to have a warranty extension too. My SQ6 Serial# is “SQ6X – 785106”.

. . . The problem [07:14] : “Random pops at all inputs”
    . . . The cause [07:21] : Faulty IDC cable that carries the digital audio signal between the CPU and the audio board.
    . . . The solution [07:32] : The IDC cable was replaced. Solved!

Big thanks to “Revision Media” from youtube for giving us a blueprint to a resolution.
    I hope mine as well.

Engr. Glenn Brayn Alonzo
    +639151420482
    glennbraynalonzo@gmail.com

Rafael A&H

Hello @glennalonzo,

There is a misunderstanding on the statement written above.
    The user of the video DID NOT send his mixer to our offices (UK), because we do not service units at out offices.
    All service and repair is done ONLY through our official distributor partners located on each country. So, the user is must likely referring to the A&H distributor in his location.
    Warranty works under the warranty compliance attached to each product at the moment of the purchase, this does not get extended and any warranty situation must be dealt directly with the same A&H distributor.

On your open case with our support department, it was advised to reach out to your local A&H distributor (JB Music), which is the same procedure we advise all users when service is required (Including our user from the video)
    As you decided against it and rather had your unit be serviced by a local repair shop, I’m afraid we are unable to follow up the case and ensure its proper repair.

Should you wish to reach out to your local A&H Distributor (JB Music) as it was advised, being the authorized A&H service centre in your location, we will be happy to follow up the case and make sure your unit gets the right service through them and returns to you in perfect operational conditions, as it was done with this user in the video.
    If your unit remains under warranty, you can be certain that warranty will be honoured.

Any questions or enquiries, feel free to reach out to us at Support@allen-heath.com
    Thank you,
    Rafael

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.