SQ6 Molded Rolling road case?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ6 Molded Rolling road case?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tony Tony 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tony
    Tony
    Participant

Back when I bought my Qu-24 I also purchased a rolling case that I really liked. I’d like to purchase something just like it for the SQ6.

It looked very similar to the one pictured in the link below, but with “Qu24” silk-screened on it.

20″ x 25″ ATA Mixer Case-G-MIX 20X25

I may be recalling this incorrectly, but I could swear that A&H had commissioned it. I can’t locate a PO for the thing, and forgot to look for a MFG/ model# before selling it last week, so can’t say that for certain.

In any case, According to the SQ6 data sheet, the mixer is just a teensy bit deeper (25.3″) than the stated I.D. of the Gator 20×25. The height and width appears to be just about right.

I strongly suspect it will work fine as long as the mixer’s published dimensions are accurate… but has anyone tried stuffing an SQ6 into one of these, or if there’s reason to believe it won’t fit, does anyone have an alternative to suggest?

FWIW, I have plenty of knowledge of, and sources for, traditionally constructed flight cases, but I move my gear myself most of the time, so weight is a big issue for me, and gorilla-proofing is not ;0)

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Tony

Profile photo of Tony
    Tony
    Participant

Well, to answer my own question, months later… the Gator G-Mix 20×25 rolling ‘luggage style’ case works great with the SQ6.

The mixer is a snug fit; you will need to take it out of the case for the gig. That is what I wanted and expected in exchange for the reduction in weight vs my ‘real’ ATA steel/plywood case, which was a bear to move. The new one has ABS/Aluminum construction, and is massively lighter, even with the wheels & telescoping handle. I probably wouldn’t want to hand it over to an airline luggage operation, but for my uses the new one is providing great protection and is hugely more convenient.

I can also answer the other question implied in my first post… the generic GMix 20×25 is in fact identical to the “A&H Qu-24” logoed case I’d bought before. I’d sold my Qu24 and the aforementioned case to a client about a year ago. They happened to bring their mixer (and the case) to my studio recently, so I had the opportunity to look at them bpth side by side. The internal dimensions of both cases is identical; the only difference is that the Qu24 version came with different filler padding. I was able to swap the Qu24, SQ6, and a Presonus SL24-III into both cases.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.