SQ6 master level jumps

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ6 master level jumps

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 4 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hicksy
    Hicksy
    Participant

I have had a strange problem with what is either a master level jump or more likely the master intermittently bypasses the output EQ. There is no indication of EQ entering bypass mode.
    Usually touching anything to do with the master out such as the master fader returns the console to normal EQ in.
    The problem is recent. I did change the operating mode to monitor desk recently. It has since been returned to FOH mode

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Hicksy,

Do you see any visual indication on the surface that anything is changing?

For example, you could view the Routing screen to see if there are any level changes, even if the fader isn’t moving.

Thanks
    Alex

Profile photo of Hicksy
    Hicksy
    Participant

Hi Alex, my apologies I replied via email (which eventually bounced)
    I can’t say I saw any noticeable visual indications.
    It sounded more like a boost in level from around 300Hz to 1Kish. The level boost sounds band limited. I manually bypassed the main GEQ briefly in an attempt to replicate the fault. I can’t say with certainty the change was identical to the problem.
    Main GEQ indication shows as “in” at all times.
    Quite random and unpredictable.
    The problem is recent.
    I had a few other bugs since a recent firmware upgrade.
    One scene dropped channel 2. It indicates signal through most of the processing chain but did not output to any busses.
    I resolved it by inserting the tube stage and removing it.
    Another scene had the vocal sub group pan off centre while indicating pan centre. Problem remained after I reassigned to main LR bus. I panned all affected channels off centre to get by. This is when I first encountered the level or EQ jump. Will check next time I use the scene.
    All of the issues seem to have occurred after a reconfigure to monitor desk with associated bus changes.
    No noticeable problems occurred whist in monitor desk mode.
    With the level jump issue I manually reset the bus and group arrangements back to the original setup I used for the scene before loading the scene I had the most recent problem with.
    I reset the mode, aux and groups again yesterday (6th December) I will see how it runs tonight
    Regards Hicksy

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Hicksy,

Could you please email this to support@allen-heath.com so we can go through what you’re seeing in more detail?

Thanks
    Alex

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.