SQ6 Headphone Hanger

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ6 Headphone Hanger

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz Søren Steinmetz 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tourtelot
    tourtelot
    Participant

Have any of y’all come up with a cool way to hang phones off the front of your SQ when it’s sitting on a table. I use plastic “event” tables that don’t really work for all the Amazon “Gamer Headphone Hangers” and, while I have the aluminum stock and tooling to build one, I haven’t come up with any good ideas.

It has got to fold up/be easily removable so the SQ can go into it’s perfect-fit case after a job. No room for anything to stick out front or side.

Ideas?

D.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I use this at home, maybe it fits your needs…

https://www.adamhall.com/shop/de-de/detail/index/sArticle/11732

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

Been using something similar to Steffen for several years.

Think mine is a K&M though.

Easy to mount, and fits in the doghouse or the FoH “beautybox” together with the headphones, TB mic etc. 🙂

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hey Søren,

is it this product:

Headphone Holder

tourtelot
    Participant

Yes, thanks. I have seen many iterations of the table-mount headphone hangers. I don’t keep my SQ in the case when I work. It sits on a table that is not conducive to the table mount clamps. 🙁 So I was thinking of a swing-out hanger mounted the the bottom panel of the SQ, or a fold-down hanger mounted on the side. I just haven’t come up with anything I love yet.

I’ll send photos of what I come up with when I finally do.

D.

Profile photo of IraBob
    IraBob
    Participant

Does it need to be Dante-enabled?

tourtelot
    Participant

Of course it needs to be Dante enabled. Everything I own is Dante enabled. I even have a Dante enabled coffee grinder.

Here’s what I cobbled up to hang my phones on and then be tucked away when I don’t need it. Pretty simple; a piece of aluminum stock from my scrap box, a 10/24 rivet-nut, a nylon rack-screw washer and a hex-head machine screw. I did take the bottom off the mixer (24 small torx screws) instead of being lazy and just drilling through and spreading steel chips all over the inside. Proud of myself for not being lazy. 🙂 Finished the visible side of the aluminum with 240 grit emory cloth and then fine steel wool. Then waxed the aluminum so it won’t corrode so fast. It just rotates on the screw and hides under the mixer when not in use.

Done!

D.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

I get a lot of use out of magnet hooks off Amazon.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

magnetism… what an interesting invention 😀

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

Hey Andre, sorry for the slow answer.

Yes that one, and have another somewhere, that is able to fix onto an even thicker table.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.