SQ6 – Floor Monitors Too Quiet

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ6 – Floor Monitors Too Quiet

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 19 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

What I was hoping to do was come out of one of the remote balanced outputs with an XLR > 1/4″ adapter cable into one of the unbalanced inputs on this studio amp, then out of one of the unbalanced outputs of the studio amp to the SM12Vs, with the monitors both connected in series to each other.

The 1/4 input jacks are balanced as shown in your picture #2163
    (use a balanced cable as I noted in my other post)

The speaker line from both of the monitor will connect to either the left or right
    set of speaker terminals or the 1/4 inch output jack as show in your picture #2164.
    (make sure you use the same input channel as the output channel you connect
    the speakers to)

Profile photo of MissouriSpartan
    MissouriSpartan
    Participant

I will get that picture today.

MissouriSpartan
    Participant

@mike C, fortunately the XLR > 1/4″ TRS cable I have is balanced so I’m good to go there. I will connect the amp today and see what happens. hopefully not clipping the amp at all. Worst-case, I try to find another amp with a bit more power.

MissouriSpartan
    Participant

That did it!! The 85W studio amp gave us what we needed. I’ll go ahead and attach the picture of the top of the amp, as promised earlier, but I didn’t need to drive up the amp output much at all. Plus, I learned something new out of this whole situation.

Thanks, everyone, for the time!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Good to hear you got the cabling connections figured out an everything is up and running.

Thanks for following up.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.