SQ6 DAW Control – Controlling faders via MIDI in ProTools

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ6 DAW Control – Controlling faders via MIDI in ProTools

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 4 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Mysterium
    Mysterium
    Participant

I recently setup my SQ6 as a front end for ProTools and have everything working as expected except for fader control. If I move faders within ProTools, the faders move on the SQ6 but not the other way around. I’m assuming I missed something in the MIDI setup, but not sure if that is within ProTools or on the SQ6. I currently have Midi strips 1-8 assigned to layer F for testing and haven’t been able to sort this out yet. Has anyone been able to make this work, and if so, what steps are required to resolve the issue?

Regards,

CB

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Mysterium,

If you haven’t seen this document already, it may help you in getting this set up: https://www.allen-heath.com/media/DAW-Control-Help-V1.6.pdf

Thanks!

Alex

Profile photo of Mysterium
    Mysterium
    Participant

Hi Alex,
    Thank you so much for the response! I had seen that document before, but after seeing your response went back and gave it another read. As it turns out, I had everything on the SQ6 configured correctly. The problem was in ProTools with the MIDI Input Devices as I had SQ Emulation checked as well as the DAW controls. Once I unchecked that box, everything starting working as expected. Again, thanks for the direction…you saved me a lot of frustration.

Regards,
    CB

Profile photo of Nono
    Nono
    Participant

Any recommended midi I/O interface for Windows to setup my sq6 with protools ?
    Thanks by advance !

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Nono,

The SQ can connect directly to a computer using the USB B interface or the network port. You can then use the DAW Control Driver to route the MIDI control on the SQ to Pro Tools. You can find instructions on this in the DAW Control Help document linked above.

Thanks! Alex

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.