Sq6 connected to 2 DX168 how to give faders to output 17-24

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Sq6 connected to 2 DX168 how to give faders to output 17-24

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Beeboop Beeboop 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Beeboop
    Beeboop
    Participant

Hi😊
    I am newbi with the Sq6 and Dx168, I really need some helpful advise.

I have been routing with 2 DX168 to the Sq6 but I only have output(auxes) 1-8faders on the Sq6 mixer. I can’t seem to find out how to add/give faders to output auxes 17-24?

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Beeboop,

You should be able to locate the outputs for the second DX box in the same page. Are these not showing up on the screen?

Something to note (it sounds like you already know this), each DX connection resembles 32 X 32 sockets and each DX168 resembles 16 x 16 sockets in the protocol. So when you cascade a second DX168, the outputs of this box will start at socket 17.

Thanks!
    Alex

Profile photo of Beeboop
    Beeboop
    Participant

Hi Alex😊

Thank you for your answer! πŸ™‚
    Sorry my question was badly written. I can’t seem to find out how to give outputs aux 17-24 a channel strip each on the mixer.
    I can see the output on the routing page (17-24.
    Do you know how to do that?

Best regards beeboop

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Beeboop,

The SQ has up to 12 stereo auxes and these can be assigned to any output socket.

The patching is very flexible on SQ so you can patch Aux 1 to output socket 24, or all output sockets at once if you wanted. But the available auxes are limited to a maximum of 12 and this is not increased when a stage box is added.

You can find more information on this here: https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ_ReferenceGuide_V1_4_0.pdf#page=8&zoom=auto,-361,29

I hope this makes sense!

Alex

Profile photo of Beeboop
    Beeboop
    Participant

Hi Alex

Aaa of course!! Thank you so much!!!
    Now I know what to do! Thank you so much!❀😊

Beeboop

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.