SQ5 with XDR16?

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ5 with XDR16?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of 1972nail 1972nail 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of 1972nail
    1972nail
    Participant

I have an event coming up where I will be using a brand new SQ5 (delivery scheduled for mid November) and I had hoped to be using an AR2412 as the stage box. Unfortunately the delivery of the AR2412 has been delayed until a week or two after the event!

I have a couple of XDR16 expanders for my iLive which will not be used with the ilive that week. Can I connect an XDR16 to the SQ5? I know the XDR16 uses ACE and the SQ5 uses dSnake but will I get even some functionality?

At the minute I don’t have the new SQ5 to try it out myself but I want to try to work through all the options ASAP. As a last resort I can dig out that old multicore in the back of the store!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

I’m afraid the answer is no, SQ does not work with the XDR16.
    The SQ SLink port is compatible with dSnake expanders (AR2412, AR84, AB168), DX expanders and DX Hub, GX4816, ME, and supports connections to other SLink or gigaACE equipped systems.

Profile photo of 1972nail
    1972nail
    Participant

Thanks Nicola. I found that someone has been able to get an iLive iDR32 to talk to an SQ series via the sLink. Obviously the dedicated units you mention are the best options but they’re not options open to me in the timeframe I’m constrained with. That’s why I asked in the first place. I may have to become familiar with the iPad app …

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.