Sq5 USB recording…im loosing my mind

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Sq5 USB recording…im loosing my mind

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Belfast
    Belfast
    Participant

Hi All

Im on my 3rd external harddrive now
    non works perfectly

Started off with the one i always used for my old desk it never missed a beat (Qu24) now it fails all the time loads of Errors (tryied to reformat no luck,
    then i bought a Caddy for my Samsung ssd 870 fittet the ssd works fine with no instruments plugged in but as soon as we are all playing loads of Errors
    the i thought i dbl check the list og testet harddrives and went for the Samsung portable SSD T5 USB 3.0 500GB SSD drive it says Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes It’s beautiful, small, fast and not expensive
    but again no luck…. wont even do multitrack

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@Belfast

This is the flavor of the day for success according to very recent reports in the database of so called compatible drives

and from UK amazon

Many things cause problems other than the drive

Profile photo of Sparky
    Sparky
    Participant

FWIW….I had little success trying to record to USB “thumb drives”, “flash drives etc without many many, errors. I switched to an older Western digital Passport Ultra USB 3 1 terabyte drive I have had for a long time and have recorded multiple gigs of several hours with no issues, error etc. This drive is a conventional 7200 RPM external hard drive. It is not an SSD. I used a format utility to format the drive to FAT32. It has worked perfectly. Good luck!

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Did you try switching the SQ Drive to a sample rate of 48kHz? Other than that….

I use a seagate plus portable drive 2TB. Works 98% of the time flawless. 😉
    And I have a waves card in the I/O slot and use that as a recording out to my macbook. It allows my to record 64 channels of audio. Not the cheapest solution, but it works great.

Cheers,
    André

volounteer
    Participant

@andre S

And the other 2% of the time ???

Profile photo of Søren Steinmetz
    Søren Steinmetz
    Participant

I have had 100% success with the Samsung EVO disks in an external USB 2 enclosure.

95% success with the same disk, or other disks, in USB 3 enclosures.

Now though I primarily use my Dante card for recording. (and inter console connections between SQ and other brand consoles)

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

@volounteer

I had once a faulty recording, with no clicks or pops, but just some missing bars. I didn´t notice it at first, but when I tried to syncronize a video to the audio, the missing seconds really came apparent…obviously 🙂

And like Søren said: USB 2 seems to be better.

volounteer
    Participant

@andre S

usb2 is better but very hard to find now

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Kingston Data Travelers……………..
    They work fine for standard recording, audio file playback, show storage and scene storage.

The big SanDisk I linked to in another post and referred to here is a big fast drive
    great for large multitrack projects and can be used for all the above as well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.