SQ5 Touch screen bug

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ5 Touch screen bug

This topic contains 36 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SimonVB SimonVB 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tibs
    Tibs
    Participant

Twice I faced the same problem with the SQ-5: during use, the touch screen stopped responding. The screen still works, but no longer possible to use the touch function. The problem is solved when restarting the console… but not possible during a concert!
    What to do ?

SQ5 V1.5.6

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

Were you using any control apps? Mixing Station can cause this by sending too much data too fast. Fixed in the current beta.

Profile photo of Tibs
    Tibs
    Participant

Thank you for your answer, indeed the SQ MixPad software was open on my PC.
    Will it be solved in the next SQ-5 update or is it already solved with the 1.5.6 update?

nottooloud
    Participant

I’m not sure when that gets pushed to main. The current Mac beta is 1.8.0(326). You may be able to switch to the beta release track in the app general settings. I don’t remember if that was a thing I had to sign up for.

A&H should really fix this in firmware. It’s some kind of buffer overrun that should be handled more gracefully.

Profile photo of Tibs
    Tibs
    Participant

Ok thank you for your answer.

Profile photo of Oliver74
    Oliver74
    Participant

I currently have the same problem!
    I had no control software running…
    Luckily I have my IPad with me, otherwise I wouldn‘t be able to run the Show :-/

Yesterday night it worked fine, didn’t get moved,…

SQ 5
    Firmware 1.5.6 r4043

Profile photo of RS
    RS
    Participant

I had no control software running…

Luckily I have my IPad with me…

Oliver74
    Participant

Update:
    After the Show is disconnected the network cable to wire router, rebooted, now it works fine again \o/.

nottooloud
    Participant

Well, happened here, too. Booted up the SQ6, nothing else running. No touchscreen response. Rebooted the board, all is well. Scary.
    @keithjah, are there any diagnostics or anything I can run?

Profile photo of Graz
    Graz
    Participant

Hi Keith,
    I undestand this issue could be not easy to troubleshoot but I guess needs to be analyzed in deep.
    My feeling is that unresponsive touch screen at power on is not dued to HW problems (defective touch screen itself) since there are a lot of cases already reported here and I cannot believe that all units are defective..
    Instead I guess it could be caused by network startup config (with external router for instance) during the first power on.
    If you need further infos please don’t hesitate to revert to me.

Many thanks in advance !
    Graz

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi all,

@Graz is correct – anything intermittent is difficult to pin down, but if you haven’t already done so, please contact us directly about this using support.allen-heath.com.
    We will do our best to help figure out what’s happened and will also be able to log and share symptoms with the development and test team to investigate further if required.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Oliver74
    Participant

I used the Ipad & software AFTER the touch screen didn’t respond 😉

Profile photo of Graz
    Graz
    Participant

Hi Keith and all,

just had the reponse from A&H Support.. they clearly stated that this is an HW failure, no dubt.
    Personally I’m not so sure …
    Anyway, I will do as they suggested and arrange the unit to be sent for repair.
    Let’s see at the end .
    Keep you posted !

Please keep me updated about any outcome in regards.
    Thanks & kind regards,

Graz

nottooloud
    Participant

David Schumann of Mixing Station has definitely demonstrated that a burst of data on the network can overrun a buffer and produce a variety of results, including an unresponsive touchscreen. The SQ should handle that situation more gracefully.

nottooloud
    Participant

My screen was nonresponsive on first start again yesterday. Once every 3 weeks is never going to be found on a test bench. Sigh. So far it’s always worked after a restart.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.