SQ5 – Routing a mix to USB

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ5 – Routing a mix to USB

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lino Lino 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MarkOneMusic
    MarkOneMusic
    Participant

Hello. My first post here.

I am very new to digital mixers and the SQ6 in particular. We have just acquired the SQ5 and AR2412 for our church and I am in the process of learning it and setting it up at home prior to installation.

I am sure it’s operator error, but I can’t see how I can route say Mix 5 to the USB drive so I can have one mix for the church on LR, and a separate mix for the stereo recording.

Any pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Mark,

To patch Mix 5 to the SQ-Drive stereo recorder, go to IO > Outputs > Mix Out on the left and USB on the top. Now patch the L & R of the mix bus to USB 1 & 2. If you only have a mono mix bus for recording, you can patch it to both USB 1 & 2.

Thanks!
    Alex

Profile photo of MarkOneMusic
    MarkOneMusic
    Participant

Thanks…

OK, this is where it seems odd. I do that and scroll down through the sources, but can only see Mix 1 LR, Mix 2 LR and Mix 3 LR and that is the bottom of the page.

Profile photo of Lino
    Lino
    Participant

Sounds like you’re actually looking at the Matrix Busses. The Mixes 1-12 can be either auxes or groups and appear further up the list. In the end it depends, what kind of mix you are setting up for recording. If it’s an Aux, you need to select that Aux to be routed to USB…

Best,
    Lino

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.