SQ5 Rack case

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ5 Rack case

Tagged: , , , ,

This topic contains 18 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hugh Hugh 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of RonnieD
    RonnieD
    Participant

hi Guys

I see an SQ pictured on your website in an SKB Rolling Rack Mighty Gig Rig and and this is what I have. It looks to me that the lid won’t sit down properly as the desk is sitting very high. Can you confirm if the desk fits the case

Thanks

Ronnie

Profile photo of Nate Nagel
    Nate Nagel
    Participant

I know it’s a bit later and you’ve probably got your answer, but the lid will not go on. It works great to mount in as long as you’re okay with an open top, but not for traveling.

Profile photo of Amneely7
    Amneely7
    Participant

I saw an SKB rep post somewhere that they had dropdown ears in development to fit in the Gig Rig series. Cant find the thread now tho… waiting on those.

Profile photo of Swell
    Swell
    Participant

Here are a few Pictures of the custom Rack Case I had built for my SQ5. I designed it with a few thoughts in mind. I wanted the whole system to roll in and be ready to go quickly. I also wanted the mixer to sit at a good height and not have anything between me and the front of the mixer. The Mixer is on a sliding shelf/tray that can extend forward. Next I wanted the case to be customizable for any job I may put it on, instead of a shockmount system I opted for two removable 3RU Space Racks. These can easily slide out and can be placed on stage, for example. I choose to put an AR2412 in one and Shure QLXD 2-4 Packs in the other. The Drawers hold my wireless router, and Microphones. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any questions or suggestions.

Profile photo of Swell
    Swell
    Participant

1 of 4

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Swell
    Swell
    Participant

2 of 4.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Swell
    Swell
    Participant

3 of 4.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Swell
    Swell
    Participant

4 of 4.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of EffingWarren
    EffingWarren
    Participant

Better late than never.

I recently ordered an SQ5 and Mighty GigRig. Like others, I found that the Allen and Heath rack ears for the SQ5 left the mixer too high to close the lid on the GigRig. After contacting SKB, I was directed to a newer item they have, the 1SKB-RE-SQ5. This is a set of after-market rack ears for the SQ5 that allows us to mount an SQ5 in the Mighty GigRig and the R100. I have the brackets on order from Sweetwater along with the A/V shelf and will post again with pictures and a review as soon as I get the parts in. A nice note, with the new mounts, the AV shelf from SKB is supposed to work as well.

SKB Product Page
    https://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=1163&o=&offset=&c=80&s=80
    Sweetwater link for the SKB rack ears
    https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SKBRESQ5–skb-1skb-re-sq5-allen-and-heath-sq5-rack-ears-for-skbr100

Profile photo of Art
    Art
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up!

Profile photo of Conor
    Conor
    Participant

Hi guys,
    I’m currently looking at buying the SQ5 and would like to rack mount it, ideally to have a UPS/Waves server etc mounted underneath.

Could anyone give me an idea as to how tall the rear of the console sits above rack height using the standard ears an/or the SKB ones?

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

Anybody else use the 1SKB-RE-SQ5 rack ears on non-SKB racks with what kind of results?

Profile photo of Johnny Cupcakes
    Johnny Cupcakes
    Participant

While at NAMM we stopped by the SKB booth. They have a new product the “1SKB-R102W”, this is new and probably not going to be available for a few weeks, but looks to fit the SQ5 quite nicely!

I believe these will come in 2U, 4U and 6U spaces below the mixer, W means it has Wheels / Rolling rack, but they will also have the non W version.

Pictures are attached.

Attachments:
    Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

Thank you so much, Johnny, for sharing your NAMM experience. This is a serious option!

Profile photo of Dean
    Dean
    Participant

I’ve been looking at this. I think it is the smallest option but no rack space underneath. SKB-R100

https://www.skbcases.com/music/products/proddetail.php?f=&id=1163&o=&offset=&c=80&s=80

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.