SQ5 Optic Comp has frozen ratio button

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ5 Optic Comp has frozen ratio button

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Hugh Hugh 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

I up graded my SQ5 to 1.5.1 and also purchased the 5 comp deep pack at the same time two days ago. After a successful installation I fired up the Opto comp and all of it worked as expected except the ratio button is frozen to 4/1. I got a return call from AMS and they advised the same procedure that I had used on the other values and with out response in the ratio window. I can live with a ratio aspect frozen @ 4/1 however this is not a good news harbinger. Is this another “known bug” or am I dealing with a pain in the ass reinstall?
    Hugh

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @Hugh,

No, there is no bug, and that’s very strange – can you confirm that the other controls work correctly using ‘touch and turn’?
    Note that as a rotary with coarse ‘stepped’ values, it will not behave in exactly the same way as the more continuous controls and due to the gearing, if you turn very slowly it will take quite a while to jump values.
    You might also check whether you can change the ratio using SQ-MixPad.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

Thank you Keith for your prompt response: The other values in the Opto comp perform as expected. The ratio button will light up when depressed however the encoder does not get any response from the frozen 4/1 value.
    I have a new I-Pad air that has 7th generation firmware that I will try to work with next week when it arrives. I will up date my opto comp situation on this thread at that point.
    Hugh

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

Keith, Today, Nov.4th, I used my new 8th generation I-Pad air to successfully change all of the values in the optp comp: including the ratio value that is still locked up on the SQ5 screen. My primary concern is not with this specific glitch but the probability that other lockups may occur unless we can track down this problem.
    Hugh

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi Hugh,

It would be really useful if you could send through a quick video of this behaviour to us using https://support.allen-heath.com as it’s not something I’ve ever heard of happening and we will need to try and reproduce it before we can figure out why/how it’s happened.

The fact that you can change the setting with the iPad shows that the core is working correctly, as both the surface and any app instances are just different methods of controlling the same thing.
    To the core they look pretty much the same.

But then if you are able to use the touchscreen and touchscreen rotary to control other parameters AND can select the opto ratio, the surface must also be working.
    On the control side of things, there is no difference between adjusting the ratio and the gain (for example) other than the messages it’s sending to the core… and all other messages work!?!

I’m flummoxed!

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

Keith; today Nov.5th, I went through all 5 of the deep comps and all of the values were functioning as designed. I also noticed today a change in the SQ screen frozen opto ratio value: the opto ratio changes I make with the I-Pad are now reflected on the SQ screen however I still can not prompt any ratio movement with the Sq encoder?
    IMO we are dealing with a software bug of some sort but I will continue to monitor on a daily basis for any additional changes. In the event no new ones occur by next week I will prepare a video for your software folks.
    Hugh

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.