SQ5 not holding scenes

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ5 not holding scenes

This topic contains 15 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tony Tony 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of SA Hull
    SA Hull
    Participant

Hi

I’m quite new to this stuff, so bear with me. We are using an SQ5, but every time we turn it on, the scenes setting have reset, so I need to rebalance mics and adjust the gains. I then resave the scene (of course), but the next time I turn it on the scene has reset again, including having to reedit the surface and gains.

Is this a known issue?

John

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

not known issue, as far as I remember
    I guess there is something wrong in your setting…

Did you set a start up scene? Is this the scene you are updating?

Profile photo of SA Hull
    SA Hull
    Participant

Hi Steffen

Thanks for your response. We have a “default” scene set up. When I have reset what we need, I’ve overwritten the default with the new settings, and when we start up the board, it asks if we want to go with the last set up, to which I always answer “yes”.

Profile photo of SA Hull
    SA Hull
    Participant

Hi Keith

Thanks for your response as well. We have 3 “users”. A Basic user which anyone can log into, which ties down any changes they can make to the set up (they can turn on and have access to a layer that they can use for very basic events – lecturn mic, clip-ons and music players). An AV Team which is less tied down, and has permission to make changes to scenes, routing and so on, and an Advanced with a different password, and is basically unfettered.

We have reset the Default scene on the AV Team log in previously. I wondered if, because the board was turned off for a long period in lockdown, some battery or capacitor had run out of juice (as I said, I’m new to this, so I may be talking nonsense 🙂 )

John

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@sahull

if you make changes then you need to resave the scene to keep those changes
    otherwise when you recall a scene it reverts to back to the original saved version without any tweaks made during its use

volounteer
    Participant

@sahull

try saving it with a new scene name and see if your settings get lost

you are saving with the highest level administrator password arent you ?

turning off the board will not lose changes if they were properly saved with the administrator password.
    I think you need to sign on as administrator then make changes then save changes to have them remembered.
    saving from the a/v team sign on and recall after changing should not work as you found out.

Profile photo of SA Hull
    SA Hull
    Participant

Hi Volunteer

We did save the changes, (and then I recalled them by loading the default scene again, and it was fine), but when we turned the system off and back on, it had reverted. Saving the scene worked ok under the av team log in previously.

The conversation on here has given me a couple of ideas for things to try:

When the system asks if I want to reload the previous settings, I’ll click “no”.
    and if that doesn’t work, I’ll start up and then actively load the default, and see if it loads the new settings.

I’ll report back with the outcome.

John

volounteer
    Participant

@sahull

Not sure you can save changes with AV login.
    Try saving a new scene with the administrator password.
    If that fails then submit a trouble ticket.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

If you select at start up the last state this is not your start up scene…

Profile photo of Tony
    Tony
    Participant

John,

Did you ever find the issue with saving?

I have an issue myself but not the same, seems scenes previously changed are good bit changing names of channels, FX, etc are not saving.

But as you note, I save them, they are fine as I check, but time off and changes are lost.

Very frustrating

Tony

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Do you have any scene filters or safes applied?

Profile photo of Tony
    Tony
    Participant

Mike C

I am not sure that would affect the admin permissions? But haven’t checked. I have taken over from the previous person and have had to learn everything on my own this past year.

I’m an old school rocker that has experience with analog but this is my first digital board. I’ve learned a lot from the videos on YouTube but am stumped on this.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Logging in as a full admin should get you everywhere in the mixer.
    Maybe the former person has some lets say creative settings set up in the mixer
    that really don’t need to be there.
    Sounds like there was no hand off of any information during the operator change.

If things just seem strange in the operation maybe a full blown reset and start over
    with clean set up is needed.

Finding a sharp SQ operator in your area and bring them in for a few hours
    would be worth the investment.

Profile photo of Tony
    Tony
    Participant

Mike

Thanks, I may call him up and inquire about the settings. I’ve put it off because it started to seem like it was the only reason to call him. He only showed me a few things before leaving unannounced. We never got in too deep with this stuff.

Tony

Profile photo of Rafael A&H
    Rafael A&H

Hello @tony,

It seems like you may have some safes or global filters, as mentioned by Mike.
    You can double check this by going to Scenes – and selecting Global Filter or Safes, under the Scenes Manager.
    You can find more details on these features starting from page 57 of the user guide: https://www.allen-heath.com/media/SQ_ReferenceGuide_V1_5_0.pdf

If you require further assistance, please drop a ticket with the support team at support@allen-heath.com and we will be happy to assist you.

Rafa

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.