SQ5 crashing during the show

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ5 crashing during the show

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of CulturaBe CulturaBe 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of CulturaBe
    CulturaBe
    Participant

I was doing a show with an SQ5 this weekend and had a crash in mid-show. Audio was still working but I had no control of the mixer. I had to turn off the PA system and then turn the mixer off and on again. After a few minutes this happened again and had to cut the show to reboot. Both times I was using an Ipad with SQ MixPad app, I don’t know if that would be a factor to consider. After that I disconnected the network router and the mixer worked fine for the rest of the show.
    This had happened with this mixer in the past. I updated the firmware and thought the problem was fixed (until today). I have the lastest version of the firmware (v.1.4.4). What can be the problem? Thanks.

Nicolas

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi CulturaBe,

I had the same crash a while ago. It was due to a too slow WiFi Router, a very cheap model. I then bought a much more potent dual band Router (120€). Using mostly the 5GHz band. After that, I had no more crashes…

Hope that helps.
    Cheers

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

this is not a real crash since the audio part is still working

it is a hang within the control network
    this could have many possible reasons
    if the network is overloaded the UI is freezed

normally this should stop if you unplug the router

Profile photo of CulturaBe
    CulturaBe
    Participant

Thanks a lot for the replies! I will try changing the router and see if that works.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.