SQ5 as a DAW controller

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions SQ5 as a DAW controller

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie WaihekeSoundie 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

I have a multitrack recording that I made through my SQ5 pre-eq, gateing compression etc
    I’m now mixing it.
    I am trying to save a bit of time and re-mix the recording by playing the recording back through the desk with the saved scene from the gig as a starting point and bouncing and re-recording the desk’s main mix back the DAW.

Not sure this is saving me time in fact but is an interesting process.
    The main “problem” of course, compared with automating the mix in the box, is that I can’t reproduce the mix unless I remember what I have done exactly
    Is there any way that fader movements I make on the SQ5 can be recorded as automation for the corresponding tracks in my DAW?
    I suspect not but might be really helpful if it were possible.
    Appols if this is a dumb question.
    Thank you

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

There is no direct link between automation and SQ faders

The topic title is misleading, since you can control the tracks/channels in the DAW already.
    The MIDI faders are for this…

But you need the opposite way. You have to program it by yourself.
    I’m not sure if the SQ is sending MIDI messages that reflect every move. If so you can record those messages.

MIDI Control

Profile photo of WaihekeSoundie
    WaihekeSoundie
    Participant

Thank you Steffen
    Looks like what I was wondering about is possible.. will have a crack at setting it up. Thank you
    (I really love my SQ.. it’s such a great piece of kit)

Happy new year btw.. hope all is good for you in these difficult times wherever you are

Andy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.