SQ5 – 1.4 upgrade: no signal to mixes or groups

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting SQ5 – 1.4 upgrade: no signal to mixes or groups

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of nick_watts90 nick_watts90 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Dunxs
    Dunxs
    Participant

I have recently upgraded to the latest firmware, v1.4, for SQ5.

Following the upgrade, I cannot get a signal to go from channel to mixes or groups. Feel like this should be one of those obvious things but have been through the chain and can’t see anything out of place.

Signal still goes to Main LR, FX and Matrices but not to mixes or groups.

I hope there is an easy answer that makes me looks foolish – if it’s a fault in the machine, it will take a dent out of my confidence in it which so far has been outstanding so for…

Help – I have gigs coming this weekend..!

Profile photo of Fleck
    Fleck
    Participant
    Profile photo of Fleck
    Fleck
    Participant
    Profile photo of DanielK
    DanielK
    Participant

I’m having a similar problem. A show that works perfectly with firmware 1.3, but with the new firmware it is impossible to get any sound through Group1. All other groups and auxes are working fine. Even when I send the talkback directly to the group, nothing happens, where the other groups work fine.

I tried resetting the mix settings but it didn’t help.

Have you been able to solve your aux/groups problem?

Profile photo of Fleck
    Fleck
    Participant

So you say that Setup -> Mixer Config -> Role, Select Standard and press Reset button you still don’t get any sound from Group1? If so then yes, you have different problem than I had!
    You sure you patched all the I/O to check Group1 after reset? Does your meters for Group1 show some signal?

If however you do get sound after reset, then recall your scene after reset, just block Group processing in Recall Filters (Scenes -> Scene Manager window)

Profile photo of DanielK
    DanielK
    Participant

Yes this seemed to be a completely different issue. It was fixed by ‘resetting’ the group insert. First I assigned a local output and input to the group insert, and then unassigned them. This solved the issue.
    Still a kind of a bug I think but A&H are looking into it.

Profile photo of David
    David
    Participant

I have had a simulair issue, no signal in group 1. Hope this will be solved soon…

Profile photo of nick_watts90
    nick_watts90
    Participant

I had a similar issue on sunday 02-06-19, After upgrading to firmware 1.4 seemingly random channels stopped outputting audio. This included Matrixes, IP channels etc. The issue presented as, signal was getting into the channels or martixes however it wasn’t passing the “insert” stage. None of the inserts were in use and in fact the inserts in every case were ‘Unassigned’. To resolve the issue, I selected the channel, went to insert, assigned an empty insert to the channel and hit apply. This meant that audio now would pass the insert stage and you could get signal out of that channel. I then selected the insert again and set it back to ‘unassigned’ and hit apply, audio continued to pass the insert stage and the issue was gone. I then saved and power cycled the console and the issue didn’t return.

Hopefully this is helpful for anyone else having this issue with the new firmware until it is resolved by Allen & Heath.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.