SQ4You main mix

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions SQ4You main mix

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ozdoc ozdoc 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

I’d like to see the main mix available in SQ4You. The network limitation of only 3 copies of MixPad or 2 copies of Mixing Station is so tight. I keep Mixing Station open on the recording laptop for keyboard data entry, and on a tablet above the desk for overview, metering, and the much better touchscreen. SQ4You on a phone would be plenty for venue walkarounds if I could get to the main mix.

Profile photo of Brad
    Brad
    Participant

Agree, If I had Main LR in SQ4YOU I could leave an IPAD for the senior citizens to easily run the sound themselves which is limited to changing the volume of the 1 mic and the PC input in the room.

Profile photo of ozdoc
    ozdoc
    Participant

@brad
    You could just route a prefade Aux mix to Main L/R and set up the senior citizens that way via SQ4YOU.
    Or let them use mixpad and set their one mic and PC input on a custom layer. As long as they can find the custom layer, all good.

@nottooloud
    If implemented, you would want some feature to lock out band members from accessing the L/R Main. There’s nothing worse than seeing your FOH faders magically move in front of you when another user is supposedly adjusting the online mix but accidentally are on the wrong mix (as happens frequently with Mixpad in our church!). If you are doing a walk around is there still the need for the overview / metering tablet at that time, or can you just use that?

Profile photo of nottooloud
    nottooloud
    Participant

You could just route a prefade Aux mix to Main L/R

Not on an SQ, you can’t. You could come out of the mixer and patch back in to a channel that went to the mains. Then you have 2 independent faders controlling the same signal but 1 would have additional latency.

If implemented, you would want some feature to lock out band members from accessing the L/R Main.

SQ4You has a mix lock. You can also lock out the EQs and comps.

Profile photo of ozdoc
    ozdoc
    Participant

@nottooloud
    Sorry, my bad terminology. I meant route a aux mix to front of house outputs (patched directly or through a matrix) Not ideal but would work for that senior citizen setup if they were needing to use SQ4you.

As for the lock on Sq4you, had forgotten about that. Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.